A/C blower issue on 08 EB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB08EXPEB

Reaction score
New to me 08 Eddie Bauer with push button climate control, no heated seats. I cannot get the climate control blower to shut off (completely) in any mode. When switching from "auto" to manual (dash, floor, etc..vent settings) I can adjust the fan speed on both front and rear air, but when I hit the off button the blower continues to run on front air on high thru either the dash or floor vents (depending on temp setting) even though the display screen shuts off. I tried removing all 3 climate control fuses on interior fuse box and replacing, which causes the blower to shut off completely. However as soon as I turn the system on again, the blower continues to run in "off" mode. Is this how the system is designed, a dealer service worthy issue or am I just a moron and overlooking something obvious?

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Other than replaceing the control head, you may be SOL. I had an issue with my 08 climate control while on vacation a few weeks ago.

While replacing my strero head unit (another issue totally), I removed the wiring harnesses from the climate control so I could remove the center stack bezel. After changing out my stereo and putting everyting back together, the climate control worked fine. I guess I somehow reset the system.

Pretty easy to remove the bezel (pulls off with gentle force) and the wiring harnesses (move retainer clips down) from the climate control.

Good luck.

Marc

OP
OP
J

JB08EXPEB

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer, turns out it was the blower motor resister that was bad. They replaced so not sure what it involves or the cost, but FYI if anyone runs into a similar issue with climate control system.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am now having problems with my ac also. Ill hit the blue cold button and the air wont turn on. Its hit or miss. Wife is gonna leave it in the service drive when she goes into work on Monday.