A Couple Questions about my 2011 Expedition XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstoney23

Reaction score
A couple questions about my 2011 XLT that I bought about 6 months ago (~101k miles)

1. What’s the recommended service maintenance at 100k? I bought it with ~99k miles from a smaller dealership so Im not sure if the previous scheduled maintenance has been done.

2. A couple weeks after I bought it, it started acting up a bit. The front end starting riding a little rough; can feel some strong vibrations in floor coming from what feels like the front axle. It did throw this code: P0012. I cleared the code/check engine light and his has yet to come back on (that was in April).

It’s also having a rough idle. Occasionally when I am stopped at a red light, the odometer will jump/rev up on its own and kind of make the car jerk forward a bit. Biggest thing it just feels like it drives very rough from the end/axle; could it be something with the timing chain?

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It could very well need a timing job, even with only a little over 100k miles. A friend of mine had a 2014 Expedition that needed a timing job; it only had 31k miles.
P0012 is a Camshaft over-retarded code, which can indicate a failed phaser or VCT Solenoid. Since the code hasn't come back, it isn't that bad of an error.

The recommended service intervals in the attachment are for the 105k mile mark.

-Joe

Attachments

• 1721446792800.png
    1721446792800.png
    79 KB · Views: 5