My 2011 Expedition EL Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats a nice looking truck!

I'm struggling a little at 227K but its still going!

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind of issues are you having?

The biggest one I have been fighting is a low power issue I have had for a while.

First I replaced all the brakes and used the supplied pin grease on one side, it was trash that caused issues. replaced the brakes again and used permatex purple and it was perfect for a good long while. I had a couple instances of the brakes not working and needed to be pumped up so I replaced the master cylinder and it was great for a good long while.

Then one front caliper stuck on me while on the highway (the one I rebuilt because it had a torn boot and had sludge in it). So I replaced both front calipers. After installing them and bleeding them they would lock up hard after pumping the brakes. . . . I think I just narrowed it down to a sticking brake booster not releasing the brakes when pressed and even applying the brakes causing my power loss.

I installed a junkyard booster because 09 is unique to 09 only and no longer made. I have some miles on it now and I'm fairly confident that was more than likely the issue this whole time.

That whole brake fiasco killed a couple sets of pads, my rotors, caused my trans to act weird and all sorts of stuff.

Other things that have happened recently.
New power steering hose (leaking)
New heater lines again (the Y as well as little extension were leaking, they were replaced shortly after I purchased the truck.)
Wiring issues at the trans bulkhead connector (probably self inflicted)
AC compressor needed to be replaced
AC blower motor is going out
Radio died

OP
OP
CVguy

CVguy

Reaction score
I installed a junkyard booster because 09 is unique to 09 only and no longer made. I have some miles on it now and I'm fairly confident that was more than likely the issue this whole time.
I never knew that about 09s... Are aftermarket boosters any good or even existent for those?

OP
OP
CVguy

CVguy

Reaction score
Just wrapped up a trip to Red River Gorge last weekend! It rained while we were down there, so there's a healthy layer of dust that even the self-serve car wash couldn't remove entirely.
1000070249.jpg
The RRG aftermath, before attempting the car wash.

Also just installed Husky Liner floor mats today which I outlined in this thread.
1000070425.jpg
1000070427.jpg

At the time of writing, I'm almost at 267K miles. About 266,900 exactly.

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never knew that about 09s... Are aftermarket boosters any good or even existent for those?

There are no aftermarket boosters as well. For 09 and only 09 they decided to put the stability control inside of the booster. So the 08 booster is completely different physically, and the 10 has no electronics as all. I ordered both from the parts store to see if they would fit and no luck.