Adding a subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im going to add a subwoofer to the factory set up. So yes its a stock headunit.

This is what Im adding. nothing fancy just wanted some added bass
sbp8a.jpg

I will use a high to low converter to for the signal of the amp. It looks like this
hilow.jpg

I have 3 questions:

1. Where is the nearest stereo speaker wires in the trunk area to tap into? That way I dont have to run the wires all the way to the dash

2. Where is the nearest remote turn on (antenna wire)? from the trunk area as well so i dont need to run it all the way to the dash

3. Is there a positive terminal junction in the trunk area? (you get the idea...so I dont have to run the positive wire into the engine compartment)

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#1...rear sub...#2...u have to run the wires...#3...u have to run the wires...it's really not that bad to run them

Holy Roller Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member...

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
do you have a factory sub and amp back there? If so I can snap some pics of what I did. Took sub out and installed kenwood shallow ten inch sub. took out factory amp and put in Rockford fosgate punch 100 amp. ( very small) located in the jack compartment in back.

OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I dont have the factory sub unfortunately. I wonder if its prewired...

Yes please snap pics and post

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just run the wires...easiest since u don't rear sub to tap into

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with Freeway, your going to have to run power and ground and find some accessory to turn on the amp unless the amp has a turn on circut. In your 2000 its VERY easy to run wires down the channels under the door trim. Luckly you only nee a 100ish watt amp for that so it will be tiny, you can easily hide it behind the panel in the rear pass side.

OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me pry the factory sub location and see if there are wires I can use there. But I agree thinking about it it doesnt look hard since the door sills easily come out.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If u have factory sub tap into that...I have pics of how I used to have it

vincentesq

Reaction score
Can you please post pics and the model number of the sub and amp? I have a subwoofer in the back and would love to see more info. Thanks.