advance trac ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does anyone know how to completely turn off the traction control system. tried to do a little wheeling and it kept turning back on.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be a button on the dash you can press(may need to hold it in a few seconds).

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There should be a button on the dash you can press(may need to hold it in a few seconds).

adding to note: For the 04, you'll need to hold it down like 10secs. It will then blink.. Now it is off until the engine is turned off.

OP
OP
dcarr

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even doing the hold it till it blinks its still never off completely. and once you hit 40 mph it comes back on as normal

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why would it matter if its on after 40mph when you wheel you shouldnt be going that fast in the first place unless you go to the dunes

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think you can. If I remember correctly there was a company in cali that did a 14" lift on an EL from whiplash suspensions. I called them to see how they adapted it and he said that he had to take off the lift bc the advanced trac kept breaking the axles or the half shafts (cant remember) and that they couldnt shut it off.

Ok just called them again. It was a one off kit that they built. Every time they would turn the corner the half shafts would snap. The tried to disconnect it but there was no way. They make trucks for sema so these guys know there **** and alot of people. His words were "no suspension company is gonna touch the 3rd gens"
Here are the pics of it

SEMA_07__48__detail.JPG

IMG_0770_6633_detail.JPG

IMG_0772_6635_detail.JPG

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's unfortunate. That truck is beautiful.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if this works or is correct... (been googling...)
Please do not kill the messenger :)

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1011463-2010-can-advance-trac-and-rsc-be-shut-off.html

= = = = =

Originally Posted by matpasch
So if I pull the fuse or fuses it shuts the system off entiry???
Does this effect the abs system?
Do you end up with a flashing message onthe display the entire time the fuses are pulled?

Pull fuse 36

ABS Light will be on
Traction Control light will be on steady
E-Brake light will be on

You can spin and slide sideways just like the old days.

Add a toggle switch inside the cab connected to fuse 36 if you just want to turn it off now and again.