air suspension sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey i got a buddy who is looking at doing a cheap lift on his truck. I remember seeing a thread somewhere about you being able to move the sensors to gain a few inches of free lift? Does anybody have any info about where they are located and wether or not this is effective? THANKS!

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive seen people lowering them with this trick... but if you lift it your ride will suffer...

does it have air ride on all 4 corners.. or just the rear?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I thought the trick was for lowering as well... haven't seen much for lifting air ride... besides coil conversion

OP
OP
VooDooRacing750

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's on all 4. I was just wondering if it could be done. I saw it somewhere and they may have been talking about lowering, idk. But is it possible?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
You will only gain about 1 inch of lift. Much more than that and you are going to be nearing the max of the air bags and that can lead to future problems.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i did this with my limited exploere w/air ride. i got a few inches of lift. i did it back in '03 and the bags are still good today.

OP
OP
VooDooRacing750

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok where are the sensors located and how would I go about doing it? I've been trying to look on the Internet, but I cannot find anything on it.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like someone should do a how to on this... if it can be done cuz it would be interesting to see the results

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont know where they are on a expy. but on my '96 explorer the rear sensor is right by the pumpkin on the rear axle. the front one is mounted right behind the drivers front tire on the a-arm and frame.