Another GOTTS mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fraziarwp

Reaction score
Search the Gotts mod on this forum. The air intake runs through the side of the fender. The OEM intake is small there, restricting air flow. The Gotts mod is to remove that section of intake piping and replace it with a short section of 3" PVC. This greatly increases the air flow into the engine and gives a slight boost in performance. Cost about $15. Everyone who has done this mod says it helps.

Just remember to remove the negative battery terminal for awhile. This allows the computer to reset and adjusts itself for the greater air intake.

Sort of a poor mans CAI. And works just as well.

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been very happy with the mod since I did it about 6 months ago. Using a Scangauge I can see that the IAT sensor is showing almost identical inlet air temp as whatever the outside air temp is. It doesn't get any better than that, installing a $300 "CAI" won't give you any "Colder" air than standard outside air temp.

I also like the idea that I'm using the factory designed air box with it's factory preventive measures for water drainage and large volume of dirt capacity.

I think the only improvement for the standard "GOTTS MOD" would be replacing the tube between the air filter and the intake manifold with a smoother flowing piece that's also insulated to prevent heating the previously cold air.

tbake

Reaction score
just finished!

Just got finished with the GOTT mod....been wanting to do it for months now. Now the waiting game for benefits, everyone seems to like the mod and I'm sure i'll be no different. Getting the Flowmaster 50 installed this week too. Its gonna be a good week! both mods cant hurt mpg's either. Had a 40 series Flow on my last Ex but wife complained about the noise in back....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13