Any loss of tech if getting 12 inch screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dingo2022

Reaction score
I went today and saw two 2024 Limited, one has the 12 inch screen the other (for $2k more) has the 15 inch. I'm leaning toward the 12, but will I be losing any tech or any features at all? My friend has a 2023 Limited with 15 inch and he can go into different modes etc.. with his. From all that I have read, it seems like the two have the same functions, just the interface is different?
Thanks for the information.
Stephen

sliderz71

Reaction score
We have the 2022 Limited Max with the SPP and specifically wanted the 12 inch screen. I strongly prefer that one with more buttons, vs. everything being in the 15 inch screen. I can't discern any loss of tech or feature at all...and its far easier to hit a button to heat the wheel or turn on the seat ventillators while driving than scrolling in the screen. You will probably get less software updates because there is less the screen has to control, but IMHO it doesn't matter.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One feature the large screen has over the smaller one is personal profiles for different people (think radio station settings changing between people etc.). There is also adaptive cards but I don't know what those are, perhaps someone can chime in.

I have the small screen and am 100% happy with it. I did not want the large one and loss of buttons like others have said.

Samantha1

Reaction score
I have the smaller screen on my 2023 and specifically chose it, because like others, did not want the loss of buttons. I find the buttons much easier to use when driving.

Flathead40

Reaction score
One thing is that you don’t get the full digital instrument cluster, you get one with an analog tach and speedo with a good sized display LCD display in between. Don’t know if there are other options that are only available with the 15” screen but there could be.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 15" was a big selling point for me in choosing the Expedition.
IIRC, from renting a couple Expeditions with the smaller screen, with the 15" you get a larger rear camera and 360° top-down view when backing up, as well as a larger front and 360° view when going forward slowly (when you hit the dedicated camera button at the top of the screen). Especially useful in tight parking situations and/or with close objects to avoid.

Samantha1

Reaction score
I have the smaller screen and the 360° top-down view from the cameras as well as the ability to select different camera views with the camera button.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would have paid extra to get the smaller screen. I hate the all touch interface. I bought a Platinum simply becasue I think the interior is a lot classier and I figured i would get use to the all touchscreen. We are almost a year into it and i still hate it. And I still have not gotten the over the air update that does have improvements on some functions of the touchscreen.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the smaller screen and the 360° top-down view from the cameras as well as the ability to select different camera views with the camera button.
Yes, my point was the views are considerably larger on the big screen.

JKH13

Reaction score
One feature the large screen has over the smaller one is personal profiles for different people (think radio station settings changing between people etc.). There is also adaptive cards but I don't know what those are, perhaps someone can chime in.

I have the small screen and am 100% happy with it. I did not want the large one and loss of buttons like others have said.
I went with the 12" on my 24 Max Lmtd 4X4