best plugs in Gen4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
about to replace plugs / for those of you who’ve done this on the gen4’s -

what’s your preference of plug in this beast?

and aside from the boots, what else should i replace during -

thx

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
These are the best option for the 2nd Gen 3.5...

If stock do .031 Gap, if tuned, .028 is a good starting point. They will come gapped.

OP
OP
lv2drive

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score

If stock do .031 Gap, if tuned, .028 is a good starting point. They will come gapped.
thanks loki - just the person i was looking for a reply from. i’ll take this as the best choice.

anything aside from boots (oem) that i should also do at the same time?

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks loki - just the person i was looking for a reply from. i’ll take this as the best choice.

anything aside from boots (pen) that i should also do at the same time?
How many miles?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious why you would even do boots at 43k. Over the last 20 yrs I've only done wires if I upgraded the ignition, had some sort of external issue (water etc) or if they were super crappy wires. But most of my previous vehicles all had coils/boots as single units. Honestly haven't even looked at these yet.

OP
OP
lv2drive

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
read on some thread here about the recommendation on the boots /// sounded convincing enough for me -

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I just received these exact ones from Rockauto.com on Wednesday. About $8 each. After installing them, I think it resolved an issue of occasional shudder while idling. I will give it another week of driving to determine for sure.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just received these exact ones from Rockauto.com on Wednesday. About $8 each. After installing them, I think it resolved an issue of occasional shudder while idling. I will give it another week of driving to determine for sure.
Yep! Advantage of getting them through ZFG, is they are gapped to exactly what they need to be. Little piece of mind. The gap is just as important as the plug itself.