Bilstein Shock install - now I have a weird “rattle”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sagebrush07

Reaction score
Just installed F150 Bilsteins for a 2” level on the expedition. Ride great. On certain, more jarring bumps in the road, I now have a weird noise - almost a rattle coming from the front suspension area. Every thing is tight - all bolts, cv axle, everything. Could it be a sway bar issue or something else? Anyone have something similar happen after new shocks?

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you re-check the bolts especially the center one AFTER your suspension is weighted by the vehicle?

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed F150 Bilsteins for a 2” level on the expedition. Ride great. On certain, more jarring bumps in the road, I now have a weird noise - almost a rattle coming from the front suspension area. Every thing is tight - all bolts, cv axle, everything. Could it be a sway bar issue or something else? Anyone have something similar happen after new shocks?
It might come from front sway bar end links. I started to notice this specific clunk sound after the hellwig sway bar was installed. It usually happens when the vehicle slows down, and sometimes when it speeds up

OP
OP
S

sagebrush07

Reaction score
Did you re-check the bolts especially the center one AFTER your suspension is weighted by the vehicle?
I rechecked everything while it was in the air. I have not checked after it was weighted down. Are you talking about the center bolt of the upper strut mount?

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I rechecked everything while it was in the air. I have not checked after it was weighted down. Are you talking about the center bolt of the upper strut mount?

I think he means the lower bolt with the highest torque requirement, 460 lbs-ft or something alike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdmoney