Break line replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
Well I had to replace the front passenger break line last week and got the bendable break like and ran a new one to the passenger side and worked well just kinda bent it along the same path in most part and stopped my leak and bleed all the breaks. It’s been sitting and now I see I am leaking again from another line or lines . Didn’t know if I can use this flex line stuff for the master cylinder one since it has the braided line or would the flex steel stuff work for that . Also looks like one of the rear lines maybe leaking or about to leak. It looks damp with break fluid and didn’t know about how long of a break lines are the rear ones if someone knows thanks

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did You order correct replacements, and did you use new crush washers? Do you have pictures?

JerryT

Reaction score
Well I had to replace the front passenger break line last week and got the bendable break like and ran a new one to the passenger side and worked well just kinda bent it along the same path in most part and stopped my leak and bleed all the breaks. It’s been sitting and now I see I am leaking again from another line or lines . Didn’t know if I can use this flex line stuff for the master cylinder one since it has the braided line or would the flex steel stuff work for that . Also looks like one of the rear lines maybe leaking or about to leak. It looks damp with break fluid and didn’t know about how long of a break lines are the rear ones if someone knows thanks
I don’t see why not as long as you replace the brake lines with the save diameter tube, I.e., 1/4 , 3/16, etc.
I have a 98 Expy and had to replace the driver side brake line due to leaking caused by corrosion. The galvanic corrosion was caused by the brake line touching the frame and creating dissimilar metal electrolysis. A plastic/ rubber hanger holding the brake line crumbled over time and i discovered the line was hard up against the frame. Check the run of those brake lines and ensure they are mechanically isolated from the frame. If your brake lines are pitted or wet from fluid, replace them immediately. I had a brake pedal go all the way to the floor board from a leak, scary situation but fortunately it happened in my driveway while backing out of the garage.