Can I use Forscan to reset transmission algorithm on 2024 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I eliminated the adaptive learning table and stopped using this feature the day before yesterday. The tranny does give a smoother feeling, although I still feel 4 to 3 slightly delayed downshift occasionally.
I think those downshifts go hand in hand with the Ford 10-speed transmission. My Explorer also has a 10-speed tranny, and it downshifts a little rough if I start breaking at a light or stop sign.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mr. Big,

Could you point me in the direction of how to erase the Tranny shift memory in FORScan? I must be blind but I can't seem to find out where to do it.
Under Service Procedures / PCM / Clear Transmission Adaptive Tables. Now all learning changes based on driving habits are clear, ready for new learning.
There is also a manual way to do it without ForScan, which you can Google.

Zelf24

Reaction score
Under Service Procedures / PCM / Clear Transmission Adaptive Tables. Now all learning changes based on driving habits are clear, ready for new learning.
There is also a manual way to do it without ForScan, which you can Google.
Thank you! With your information to dig deeper into, I also found it suggested to clear all three PCM options: Clear Transmission Adaptive Tables, Reset all Adaptations, and PCM reset module. Do you feel this is necessary?

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you! With your information to dig deeper into, I also found it suggested to clear all three PCM options: Clear Transmission Adaptive Tables, Reset all Adaptations, and PCM reset module. Do you feel this is necessary?
I do this about every 3 to 6 months, depending on whether the X is lacking performance, running rough, etc.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13