cargo net / seperator 2nd row - trunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pafrei

Reaction score
hi everybody

i've a 2004 expedition eddie bauer with two single chairs in the 2nd row. i need a system (net, bar, mat, ...) that secures my cargo, when the 3rd row is down. otherwise the stuff slides around. the cargo should stay in the trunk, not behind the driver chair.

anybody an idea?

thx for help.

pascal

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Pascal.

I'm in the same situation as you. Got a 2004 EB with only 2 seats in the 2nd row. Everytime I go on a trip and put a lot of bags in the back on top of the folded 3rd row, I end up with stuff making its was in between the 2nd row seats :)

Right now, i'm using elastic cords to secure the larger items, but it would be nice to have something that stops the smaller items from creeping over to the front.

Basically, what i'm hoping for is to find or make a very large foldable box or tote that can serve as a trunk in the cargo area and can collapse or fold when i need my 3rd row up. For now, i'm using a plastic bin but it only covers the area behind the 3rd row.

Your idea of spreading a net across the back of the 2nd row seats actually makes a lot of sense. I didn't think of that. If you find a net that can go all the way up to the ceiling of the truck, and then you come up with a way of attaching the net to the ceiling, you'd basically have a completely closed cargo area, which is perfect.

I opened a thread on this in the "Interior" section: http://www.fordexpeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=1410

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LE: I googled a bit and found that there are companies making "cargo barriers".
Check this out: http://www.milfordind.com.au/index....entDriven=546670323&currentContent=1249810914
Dunno if these guys ship to north-america though. They're australian.

I also found a lot of "pet barriers" that seem to be very easy to install and remove.
Something like this would work, though smaller items might still pass through:
model12.jpg

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they sell pet barriers at walmart.. pretty cheap and if you need to make the gaps smaller use some bungee chords...