Solution to Weathertech Cargo Mat slipping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was so frustrated with the weathertech I went and bought the OEM mat and love it. I cut up the weathertech for my Jeep.

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
I used to use Weathertech, but they stain too much and seem to absorb stains, depending on the color.
I switched to these and now I use them on all my vehicles.
The 2nd row bucket seat version (I have 2nd row buckets) are the nicest fit and do not move.
Smartliner Mats
As for the back cargo area, I went with Ford's full coverage foldable model, including the back of seat.
Expedition 2020-2024 Cargo Area Protector
The rest of the WeatherTech mats have been good. Since I already have sunk costs in the cargo mat I’ll keep trying for now.

Thanks,
Greg

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to use Weathertech, but they stain too much and seem to absorb stains, depending on the color.
I switched to these and now I use them on all my vehicles.
The 2nd row bucket seat version (I have 2nd row buckets) are the nicest fit and do not move.
Smartliner Mats
As for the back cargo area, I went with Ford's full coverage foldable model, including the back of seat.
Expedition 2020-2024 Cargo Area Protector
I have the Smartliners for the front, middle, 3rd row & cargo. They are the same as weathertech but cheaper in price imo. Id get em again! No issues, good product

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you ever need to get at your jack or lower the spare tire, you'll need to remove that mat. Ditto, access the 3rd row seat.

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
If you ever need to get at your jack or lower the spare tire, you'll need to remove that mat. Ditto, access the 3rd row seat.
Yes, I’m aware.

WeatherTech just gave me several heavy duty hook and loop strips (I live a couple miles from the factory store). Seems to have a better adhesive than what I tried from Homedepot. I cleaned and degreased the mat, and applied the strips tonight. It’s sitting with some weight on it tonight to insure they are well stuck. I’ll put it in the car tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I’m aware.

WeatherTech just gave me several heavy duty hook and loop strips (I live a couple miles from the factory store). Seems to have a better adhesive than what I tried from Homedepot. I cleaned and degreased the mat, and applied the strips tonight. It’s sitting with some weight on it tonight to insure they are well stuck. I’ll put it in the car tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
If it doesnt work... then plan B, Liquid nails

TNTguru

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Expedition Platinum and purchased a Weathertech cargo mat for the space behind the second row captains chairs. With the third row down there is a small downward slope at the back of the car. I've been having issues with the mat sliding back towards the tail gate eventually blocking it from closing.

I've tried an industrial hook and loop tape on the bottom of the mat to grab onto the carpet to prevent it slipping without success. Has anyone experienced this issue and found a good solution?

Thanks,
Greg
I poked two holes in the three “square” areas on the mat and ran a zip tie through one hole, around the little bar for the kiddo seat on the back of the folded seats, then back up through the other hole I poked in the mat and connected the zip tie. Problem solved and easy to cut when you need to really clean back there.