Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there anything I can replace the carpet with?

It's all dirty and stained up and I want something that'll be able to hold up well against mud, water, etc...

I was thinking some custom fit floor mats or just ripping out the carpet and line-xing it

Interceptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on if you mind more road noise or not. You'll get more road noise if you go the line-x route. I'm sure there are lots of vendors out there, but Whitney has either a full replacement or 1/2 cab replacement of carpet. It seems you do a lot of off road, so my guess would be a line-x or rubber shell & padding (like what comes in the F150 work trucks).

Here is an example what Whitney has: Click Here!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would do sound dent. then linex if you can. not sure if thats even possible. and then i would do carpet then floor mats. that why you got all 4 and best of all worlds.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree with the road noise. i ripped the carpet out of the cargo area of the expy so i can just rinse the back out when im done mudding and pull the drain plugs. i have been rethinking the front carpet as well. i am just going to get some black carpet and good floor mats. that should help...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone ever play around with the carpet dye that comes in a rattle can? I have thought about doing that too mine up front... just spray it black but a little worried about dye out of a can...

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, where can i pick some up? i will try it out since i plan on replacing the carpet anyway. if it works, i wont have to replace it. if it doesnt, oh well...let me know what you are lookin at and i will try some out

junior73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
anyone ever play around with the carpet dye that comes in a rattle can? I have thought about doing that too mine up front... just spray it black but a little worried about dye out of a can...

I used that stuff a long time ago in my last Mustang. It held up great, except where your heel rests for the gas pedal. Wore clean off, so I had a grey spot on my black carpet. The biggest pain was making sure the carpet was as clean as it could be before spraying. The newer SEM stuff I hear is pretty good, and I've used the flexible stuff to redo the switch panels, and my gauge pod to match the interior, and I have no complaint on it so far.