CCD delete or testing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tys expedition

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the ccd shocks and used an aftermarket coil over?

If yes did it generate problem codes?

If no one has done this yet I’m considering trying to remove the solenoid from the shock body and see if leaving it plugged in even though disconnected is a viable work around allowing for aftermarket coilovers.

if you have actual knowledge of a work around or delete method please let me know below. Thanks

OP
OP
Tys expedition

Tys expedition

Reaction score
I called IVD today and they stated they are currently in development of a ccd compatible kit so I guess I’ll wait for it as no one has chimed in here yet. I’m guessing no one has done a ccd truck yet.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called IVD today and they stated they are currently in development of a ccd compatible kit so I guess I’ll wait for it as no one has chimed in here yet. I’m guessing no one has done a ccd truck yet.

Are they going to use live valving or eliminate the CCD’s all together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is IVD Icon?

I know they sell a CCD removal kit for the Raptor. Might be worth reaching out to Fox as well. They were the first to come out with a CCD friendly shock upgrade for Raptors...

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is IVD Icon?

I know they sell a CCD removal kit for the Raptor. Might be worth reaching out to Fox as well. They were the first to come out with a CCD friendly shock upgrade for Raptors...

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tys expedition

Tys expedition

Reaction score
Is IVD Icon?

they said the raptor one is not compatible with the expedition.

I also put a call out to sdhq which is a pretty big shop down here in Phoenix. They are looking to see if what they’ve done to the Chevys with the mag shocks would work for the ford.

from what I’ve gathered so far it appears a sensor must be connected for the computer to not generate errors however until someone actually does pull the plugs on theirs I get the feeling it’s likely all speculation.

if there’s no aftermarket solution by the end of the year I’ll probably pull mine apart. Or maybe just order a ccd shock on eBay and dissect it.

my opinion is that the solenoid could be pulled from the shock and left connected to the harness to trick the computer into thinking the stock shocks are still there. It’ll take some work but I’m sure it can be figured out

OP
OP
Tys expedition

Tys expedition

Reaction score
I’m also curious if anyone with ccd did the ready lift and did not lengthen the ccd angle sensors. I would love to know if not adjusting the little arms down there had any affect.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m also curious if anyone with ccd did the ready lift and did not lengthen the ccd angle sensors. I would love to know if not adjusting the little arms down there had any affect.

I ran mine without the position sensors adjusted for a while. I did not even know about the linkages. I was more worried about the cable length on the shock. I ordered a set of linkages and the instructions say to measure the distance before you install the lift and readjust after. Since I did not have the measurements I went to the dealer for the first oil change at 2500 miles. With the lift and no linkages. I asked them to scan for any codes in the system. Not one code to be found. While I was there I measured a couple stock ones. Ordered the linkages and installed them. I could not tell one bit of difference in any setting. My guess is they measure the rate of acceleration not shock stroke length. As the tire goes up and down it adds dampening the faster the rate is VS acting like a bypass shock where the dampening is Y at this X rod length. I asked a tech about it and he didn’t know. Said he would check for me. Ya, right. It would be nice to know how they work.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Time to start looking for a set of blown ccd shocks....?

SDHQ is a great shop. They helped me source and built my last truck. Serena's builds are generally pretty nuts. If you know anyone with a Gen1 raptor looking for a bumper let me know!

@Tys expedition
If anyone would know about dual battery setups SDHQ would be the place to ask. They are generally on the ball with all their F150/Raptor stuff.

OP
OP
Tys expedition

Tys expedition

Reaction score
I ran mine without the position sensors adjusted for a while. I did not even know about the linkages. I was more worried about the cable length on the shock. I ordered a set of linkages and the instructions say to measure the distance before you install the lift and readjust after. Since I did not have the measurements I went to the dealer for the first oil change at 2500 miles. With the lift and no linkages. I asked them to scan for any codes in the system. Not one code to be found. While I was there I measured a couple stock ones. Ordered the linkages and installed them. I could not tell one bit of difference in any setting. My guess is they measure the rate of acceleration not shock stroke length. As the tire goes up and down it adds dampening the faster the rate is VS acting like a bypass shock where the dampening is Y at this X rod length. I asked a tech about it and he didn’t know. Said he would check for me. Ya, right. It would be nice to know how they work.

that's exactly what i thought. I'm pretty sure they're accelerometer type sensors not actually measuring angle. if that's true id guess they'd be fine left alone or even disconnected. id love to confirm this. my only worry is that if they sense angle they might trigger the stability control system at extreme angles.

this is my first vehicle with nannys so im not really sure how integrated or intelligent each sensor is.

ive got a few months i can stall. might be able to find a used ccd shock and experiment though if it takes to long for something to come to market. SDHQ said they'd get back to me in few days.

@AKentPhoto yeah they're pretty solid. they did my body mount chop and reinforcement on my taco. ive mostly used sierra expeditions for most of my regular stuff i don't want to tackle in 110 degree heat down here. this is my first non toyota since i was 16. had a 1969 f100 as my first truck. all yotas since then til now.