Changes after going to larger diameter tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flying N

Reaction score
For those of you that have moved to larger diameter tires (say near 34"+ diameter) did you make additional changes, i.e. tuner and/or reporgramming for the trans shift points, etc. ? If so, afterwards are you please with the mods, and would you do things differently?

Mack444

Reaction score
Only a week since I made the upgrade (295/70R18) and no mods made so far. I’m in a Timberline so already pushing higher power and torque numbers. Overall handling and feel is SO much better, but also what I am used to.

OP
OP
Flying N

Flying N

Reaction score
Only a week since I made the upgrade (295/70R18) and no mods made so far. I’m in a Timberline so already pushing higher power and torque numbers. Overall handling and feel is SO much better, but also what I am used to.
I have the Platinum with 400hp HO engine (not the newer 440hp in the Timberline) , but didn't know if the tuners with transmission tuning for the differnt size makes much real difference.

Last edited: