Checked in on my Expy today, here's some pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few discoveries!

The engine is super clean - didn't even need to replace a hose!

Right side mirror is aftermarket and is slightly too small so there is a cap around the mirror where it fits into the casing.

Rough start is gone - they thought I might have needed to replace coils and plugs but now it starts up like a champ.

Sensor in front right wheel was faulty - being replaced as we speak

Not going to drop it - I like the way it sits now

Should / Could I paint the exhaust matt black?

almost 100% sure I'm going to switch out the lamps both front and rear...need suggestions

I get to drive it home tonight!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 219
  • photo(11).JPG
    photo(11).JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 182
  • photo(12).JPG
    photo(12).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 174
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 177
  • photo(9).JPG
    photo(9).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 167
OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
more......

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 154
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 137
  • photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 137
  • photo(10).JPG
    photo(10).JPG
    76 KB · Views: 148
  • photo(14).JPG
    photo(14).JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 142

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my 4" tip powder coated satin black. I would wait till you get an exhaust on before doing it though. Personally I wouldnt paint it, for ***** and giggles I painted my big ass hitch with high temp spray and its alreay chipping.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got any pics of it??

umm, not right now, Ill take pics when I get it installed. Here is what the tip looks like from magnaflow.

35182T.jpg

98expy

Reaction score
I have had the opposite experience from solismo. 8 months ago i pained my rims, exhaust tip and the big ass trailer hitch. i have had 0 chipping. the exact steps i used were. sand everyting down, cleaned off with degreaser, 3 coats primer, then hit it with the high heat engine paint from rustoleum for 4 coats

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had the opposite experience from solismo. 8 months ago i pained my rims, exhaust tip and the big ass trailer hitch. i have had 0 chipping. the exact steps i used were. sand everyting down, cleaned off with degreaser, 3 coats primer, then hit it with the high heat engine paint from rustoleum for 4 coats

did my rims. only chipping was from a screw driver getting the center caps off. other than that nothing. just sand it all down, clean it off, prime it a few time, coat it a few time and clear it. good to go.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've painted my stock exhaust with matte black hi-temp paint. It's held on pretty good, though there was a couple chips after a couple years. I just cleaned it and resprayed it.

My dad's on the other had (F150), chipped rather quickly. It must because his is a work truck, and the pipe is hit constantly with mud and dirty.

Reaction score
Very nice black Expedition.. if and when I need to paint mine, it will be all black like yours!

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Powdercoating an exhaust tip should run you between 30-50 bucks. Instead of spending 25+ on spray painting, primer etc.. why not spend the extra 10ish and have it done right?