Codes P0430 then 0180, 07ES, 0497 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sawyer

Reaction score
Is this still the catalytic converter? Truck is running fine although Service Engine Soon light comes again after reading codes and driving about 100 miles, or two days. Is it okay to take this truck on a family trip, driving 800 miles one way?

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you get to the shop for the warranty work?

P0430 = Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)
This is just a cat code. It has no bearing on how well or reliable your engine runs, unless the cat is clogged. But you'd notice that, it would run like someone stuc a potato up your tailpipe.

0497 = Evaporative Emissions Low Purge Flow
This has to do with the evaporative emissions control. Like, on a hot day gas evaporates from your gas tank, and the evap system prevents this. Could be a kink in an evap hose. Tough to diagnose but won't affect how your truck runs.

P0180 = Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit Malfunction
This is an odd one. I don't have any experience with it, but I don't see how the fuel temperatuve would have any bearing on your truck's operation, just minor smog issues, potentially relating to the evap code.

07ES = ? Don't know what that one is

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem driving it. Back in the day when we first met, my girl would freak out when the check engine light came on.

But on my truck, there was a time where it was a regular occurance, and she finally started ignoring it because it was on more than it was off. Over time I got everything worked out, but one of my performance tunes always trips a code. (I have a multi-position switch so I can choose the tune I want to run on my truck)

OP
OP
S

Sawyer

Reaction score
No I haven't had it into the shop yet. I don't want them to f it up again before our trip! Thanks for the advice, I just booked our campsites so we are going!