Confused About 2021 Headlamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sylvia83

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace my halogen high beams with LEDs. I purchased Sylvania 9005, which is the replacement size recommended for doing this. The issue is that every diagram I can find shows that the low beam bulbs go in the top hole and the high beam lights goes in the bottom hole. The 9005 only fits in the top hole, and when connected, functions as low beams. This is confusing because every parts guide says low beam lights are H11. So now I don't know what light type/size to install to correct this problem. Has anyone else encountered this?

aalbert

Reaction score
I just went through this today, with lights ordered from Morimoto.... I ordered headlights with the anti-flicker boxes, and fog-lights without .... When it all got here, I noted that they had the part numbers reversed... The 9005s are the correct bulb for low beam (and if using the Morimotos, you will want an extended boot as well), the H8 fit the fogs.

At present I have flicker on the low beams, as they lack the box. As I recall Forscan has a LED mode option, so I will try that, but might end up needing the boxes... A little annoyed about the cross reference error on their site, but know we will get through it... There is a definite difference in light between the halogens and the LEDs.

In this pic the LEDs are installed on the passenger side, while originals remain on drivers side.
Morimoto_Pax_OEM_Driver.JPG