Defrost Blender Actuator 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
The lower blender door actuator for the defrost on the drivers side above the accelerator pedal is clicking. I can get the harness disconnected and the bolt next to it out. But there appears to be another bolt on the firewall side which I can not see nor remove.
It looks like I could access it by removing the the 3 large firewall bolts holding the accelerator pedal assembly to the firewall. I’m a little hesitant to just remove these since it’s drive by wire and don’t want to mess up the calibration.
Can I remove the 3 bolts and push it aside without a problem? Has anyone replaced this actuator and has some hints? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Aggiesrok

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
Ok update...
I removed the 3 bolts for the accelerator assy with no problems. I left all the wires connected and was able to push it out of the way and fairly easily remove the actuator.
FYI if you’re doing this yourself when you install the new actuator, if the shaft doesn’t line up, you can rotate it by moving a lever on side for alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk