disabling auto start/stop with forscan...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I successfully disabled it on my 2019, with no errors using Forscan. However, after a week of driving, it went back to working again. So, I went back into Forscan and put things back to normal. I just got used to disabling start/stop and traction control, as soon as I start the vehicle. I disable traction control, because when it's on it makes a grind noise when I back up quickly, turn the wheel and apply he brakes.

bighayden

Reaction score
I disabled the auto start/stop (very appropriately abbreviated A-S-S) with Forscan by disabling the battery management system (2019 Stealth). If the BMS doesn't report the battery status to the PCM (or whichever module is actually controlling the start/stop), it deactivates it. The auto start icon on the cluster will come on whenever I come to a stop, but it's grayed out instead of the white that it would be if it's active. No issues with the original battery for 5 years. Considering how many power accessories are used without the truck running (running boards, mirrors, lift gate, easy entry seat/steering wheel), it's done pretty well. I did pre-emptively change the battery last month, since it's my wife's truck and I don't need her getting stranded; it was starting to show some signs that it was getting a little tired.