Does a 2015 Expedition with 3.5L Ecoboost use same parts as 2015 F-150 with Ecoboost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grey2112

Reaction score
Will this part - https://ffperformance.co/product/cv...oboost-cold-side-aluminum-intercooler-piping/

fit a 2015 Expedition with the 3.5L Ecoboost? I was assuming a 2015 F150 and a 2015 Expedition used the same 3.5L ecoboost, but wanted to make sure before ordering.

I thought I had read somewhere that the 2015 Expeditions used either the 2014 F-150 Ecoboost engine, or the 2016 version. I can't seem to find out whether this part would be compatible with my 2015 Expedition.

OP
OP
G

grey2112

Reaction score
Was told by an aftermarket parts supplier that the Expeditions were a year behind when it came to the engine, so a 2015 Expedition would have a 2014 F150 Ecoboost engine, so I'd have to get parts designed for the 2014 F150 Ecoboost instead of the 2015 one.

Looking specifically at this part replacement, which NO ONE online has the OEM version of, including every dealer I've contacted around most of the country.

OP
OP
G

grey2112

Reaction score
So, question - what is the part called (and part number, perhaps) for the hose that attaches to the small diameter nub/nipple coming off the main large diameter pipe? My wrench is saying he can swap the entire assembly out once we find one OEM, but said the tough part will be "cleaning up the weld on the tube they held together and extracting the broken piece to attach the hose properly. "

He's telling me "The hose that attaches to the broken end of the charge pipe has that JB weld all inside of it and it is a quick release connector, in order to restore this piece and extract the broken nipple from the hose we will need to pick out the weld or replace the hose. Im trying to track down this part to send you a link for a picture but seems like another difficult one to track down. "

So, what is that small hose that attaches to the small nipple called, and does anyone have a part number or link to someone who might have one? I figure it would be easier to just replace BOTH parts.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiiG