door ajar question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdahlen

Reaction score
the drivers door ajar light has been on a few weeks, i have sprayed wd-40, doesnt stop it. i saw a video to use a wire to jump the connector to see if that was bad. i dont want to take the whole latch out (tried but cant unplug connector). could i just cut the 2 wires and connect them? would this be the same as jumping the connector with a wire?
thanks

Calman2k

Reaction score
I had a problem like this on my Edge before I got my Expy. Its actually a known problem with the detector switch inside the latch. Ford has a fix for it. They take the door panel off and blast a bunch of power through the switch. The problem is from dendrite growth, blasting power though it burns the dendrites out.

Plati

Reaction score
They're from a remote region in France, near Spain .. I think an offshoot of Coneheads.
Known for their excellent tooth health

Hey MrCda ... whats that video you referenced?
Post the link to that

update:

Dendrite:
A crystal of branched appearance, formed during solidification of alloys, the branching habit being controlled by specific crystallographic directions.

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, they were captured in the early 19 hundreds and forced to reveal their toothcare secrets plus they were subjected to extensive testing and probing.