Driver Door Keypad Code....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EastCoast4x4

Reaction score
Hey guys, just out of curiousity, anybody know where to ACTUALLY find the 5 digit code for the driver door keypad? I have heard several things such as in the jack compartment, under the dash, behind the stereo, etc. Just wondering where the actual one on my truck is without having to take it to the dealer to spend $150.....
Oh yeah, 99 XLT 5.4

OP
OP
E

EastCoast4x4

Reaction score
OK, so that didn't take me very long.....
After reading everywhere that it was printed on a control module in the vehicle, and finding that there just isn't one in the back section, I started looking around and trying different 5 digit codes that I found around the truck. Ended up being on a white plastic box directly over the brake pedal (although kinda far up in the dash). Number was printed nice and large and plain as day. Only 5 numbers on it, so no having to grab the last 5 of something. Very easy once you know where to look! Locked my doors, gave it a whirl, and voila! So, if you need to locate your code, look under the dash with a flash light, straight above the brake pedal, or at least in that general vicinity. Should be a white plastic control module with several bar codes and long numbers on it, then one large print with 5 numbers. PM me with any questions.

chadly

Reaction score
Thanks man! Been trying to find mine too. On my other cars its on the arms in the trunk, but was having trouble finding it on the Expy

mikegigabyte

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I heard you can change it too, also remember seeing somewhere a way to hack the bell, if you dont have your seatbelt on etc. I think thats where I saw about imputing your own lock code

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can put your own in, and change delete whenever you want, but you can't change the factory code.

As for turning off the Belt Minder, the procedure is in the owners manual, pg 164, or something like that.