Etis build sheet decryption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LiverpoolFC

Reaction score
So here's the build sheet of my '07 SSV.
A great deal of things I understand but some I am unclear about and some don't appear to be correct. Will highlight each of the questionable items and hoping that someone will chime in with info/comments.
  • Medium Light Stone Interior
  • Beck (D) - what is it?
  • With Fr.Sus/Trans/Fuel Skidplates
  • With Manual Liftgate
  • With Under Floor Stowage - Where is it?
  • 119"/3023MM Wheelbase
  • XLT
  • Less Special Purpose Vehicle
  • Michigan Plant Built
  • U.S. Sales
  • Less Convenience Group
  • Less Military Vehicles
  • Special Services Vehicle
  • Less Exterior Appearance Pack
  • Less Sales Feature - Level 1
  • Less Memory Package
  • Feature Content Group 1
  • 2007 Job #2 Program Control
  • Less Electronic Stability Control
  • With Safety Pack
  • With English Language Label
  • Owner Hand Book Pack
  • With Fixed Rear Vent Quarter Window
  • With Privacy Glass
  • Less Overhead Console
  • Less Floor Mounted Console
  • Less Rear Floor Console
  • Fixed Foot Pedals
  • Interior Trim Accent Pack A
  • Vinyl Floor Covering
  • Less Front Floor Mats
  • Less Rear Floor Mats
  • Sunvisor - Dual Drv Non-Illuminated
  • Sunvisor - Dual-Pass Non-Illuminate
  • With Stowage Bin - 3rd Row
  • Rear Coat Hook
  • Less Cargo Stowage Rack/Rail
  • Less Running Boards
  • With Accent Colour Grille
  • Roof Rack Without Crossbars - no roof rack. Maybe was removed.
  • Less Exterior Wheel Lip Moulding
  • Lower B/S Moulding-Molded In Colour
  • Less Side Auxiliary Step
  • With Dipping Rear View Mirror
  • With Driver Electric/Heated Mirror
  • With Pass Convex Elec/Heated Mirror
  • With Black Exterior Mirror
  • Less Signal Mirror System
  • Less Temp Control Driver Seat
  • Less Temp Control Passengers Seat
  • With Vinyl 2nd Row Seat Material
  • Second Row 40-20-40 Seats
  • Less 3rd Row Rear Seat
  • With Driver 6 Way Pwr.Seat Adjuster
  • Less Adjustable Passenger Seat - Seat has wiring/motors. Wires from seat to floor are cut. Can reattach but need a side panel with rocker switches.
  • Less Programmable Driver Seat
  • With Heavy Duty Trailer Towing - See tranny cooler option
  • With Front Towing Hook - don't recall seeing one... but there's a bull bar :)
  • Exterior Door Handle - Black
  • 4 Door Wagon
  • With Door Entry Remote Control Unit - below
  • Less Keyless Entry System - Are these two the same thing? I used a cheapo remote to program and it works.
  • Less Sun Roof
  • Front Bumper - Body Contrast Colour
  • Rear Bumper Body Coloured Plastic
  • With Front Licence Plate Bracket
  • Air Curtain Restraint LH
  • Air Curtain Restraint RH
  • With Driver Air Bag
  • With Passenger Air Bag
  • With E-Coated Steel Spare Wheel
  • With 4 Wheel Tyre Pressure Sensors - Do I get a warning on the dash if tires are low?
  • Less Front Shock Absorbers
  • Less Rear Shock Absorbers
  • 7.5 X 17 Steel Wheel
  • P265/70R 17 A/T OWL
  • With Super Engine Cooling System - Any different from regular engine cooling system?
  • Less Immersion Heater - What is this?
  • With California/Green State Req - Of course... Can't wait to move away from this money pit!
  • With Standard Suspension
  • Rear Axle Limited Slip Differential
  • 5.4L 3V V8
  • Less Exhaust Pipe Extension
  • With 4 Wheel Disc-Brake
  • Normal Fuel Fill
  • Less Remote Starter - FIA
  • Heavy Duty Aux Trans Oil Cooler - Does this mean I have the 9k lbs towing package?
  • 4X4 2 Speed Transfer Case With Tod
  • Non Locking Fuel Cap With BP Label - Interesting detail, yes BP is there.
  • For Unleaded Fuel
  • With Man Rake/Col Shift Strg Column
  • Colour Keyed Steering Wheel
  • Less Steering Wheel Audio Controls - I suspect the wiring might be there, will look
  • With MPH/KMH Speedometer
  • Less Message Centre
  • Less Reverse Proximity Sensor
  • Heavy Duty Battery - guess back in 07 it was. Now it has a new 2017 battery.
  • Heavy Duty Alternator
  • With Premium AM/FM Sterio/CD
  • Less Radio Reception Equipment
  • With NAAO Radio Frequency
  • Less Headphones/Sockets - Rear
  • With Premium Sound System - It sounds good but 4 speakers is hardly "premium"
  • Less Television Package
  • Less Garage Door Opener
  • Less Optional Equipment Pack
  • Less 4X4 Version Pack - Is this a 4x4 related package?
  • Less Comfort Pack
  • With Complx Refect Headlamp Design
  • Less Daytime Running Lamps
  • Less Front Fog Lamps
  • Less Interior Courtesy Lamp
  • With Automatic Headlamp On/Off
  • Ebony (Solid C/C)
  • Generic Country Group 1
  • Ford Series
  • Less B&A Control Codes Issue 030388 - ? whats this, and the one below?
  • Less B & A Control Codes (9270)
  • With Overspeed Warning Disabled
  • 6 Speed Auto Trans (6R75)
  • Expedition (2003-)
  • (-)"N"
  • (-) GVMT Service Administration
  • (-)"CDN"
  • (-)"RA" ============What are these things? I guess (-) means not there
  • (-)"GU"
  • (-)"BRN"
  • (-)"CHN"
  • (-)"AW"
  • Fleet

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do have the higher towing cap. That’s what the aux trans cooler, super cooling package and all that Jazz is for.

Under floor stowage is in the back.

Yes tire sensors mean you get warnings if they are low.

Less immersion heater means minus block heater.

Your roof rack may have been removed if there was a lighting package on it.

I have no idea what the 4x4 pack is because most vehicles with 4x4 say they don’t have the 4x4 pack must be skid plates or something.

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will highlight each of the questionable items and hoping that someone will chime in with info/comments.

• Beck (D) - what is it?

Its gotta be the optional two turntables and a microphone, but I'm not sure where its at...

I'm not a fan of the ETIS site as it often creates more questions than answers. When I looked up my Fusion by VIN, it tells me its actually a Transit Connect without the shelving package. How helpful.

If you want to know what options or option packages your SSV truck may/may not have, what features were available and what wasn't, I'd recommend you look over the dealers order guide, link to one here:

http://www.policeinterceptor.com/pdf/2007orderguide.pdf

Here you will see a SSV very well could be 2WD and have almost all the amenities of an XLT. In fact, an SSV could have more creature comforts than a option-less XLT.

OP
OP
L

LiverpoolFC

Reaction score
Uh oh... thanks for the link but that created a few more questions. I see there are several options that I could have, but not included, yet the wiring is there and present. For example, the passenger seat with the electric motors and wiring. Also, in the back of my radio bezel, at the top row of buttons I have only the hazards connected on the right 3 button cluster, yet there's another wired plug that is attached to a holder in the back of the left 3 button cluster, smack in the middle, which, if I go by a consumer Expy, it would be a Setup button. Of course, I have no actual way of knowing what it does.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh...seems like your year got an LSD

Trucks without Control Trac coupled with AdvanceTrac could be optioned with an LSD. If your truck has control Trac and advance Trac the system uses braking bias to make the wheel with more traction spin (the truck will lock up the slipping low traction wheel and force the other with grip to spin), hence if you have an LSD with AdvanceTrac the two would be in a constant battle. While your computer applies brakes to the slipping wheel, the LSD would want to throw power right back to the wheel with no traction that the computer is trying to eliminate, wouldn’t be effective nor safe. Basically the Expeditions system replaced the need for an LSD as long as you have AdvanceTrac as it assists the 4WD system. We figured this out in the 2nd gen section on VancouverBobs thread. Basically the two weren’t put together since the expy uses a braking bias system.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trucks without Control Trac coupled with AdvanceTrac could be optioned with an LSD. If your truck has control Trac and advance Trac the system uses braking bias to make the wheel with more traction spin (the truck will lock up the slipping low traction wheel and force the other with grip to spin), hence if you have an LSD with AdvanceTrac the two would be in a constant battle. While your computer applies brakes to the slipping wheel, the LSD would want to throw power right back to the wheel with no traction that the computer is trying to eliminate, wouldn’t be effective nor safe. Basically the Expeditions system replaced the need for an LSD as long as you have AdvanceTrac as it assists the 4WD system. We figured this out in the 2nd gen section on VancouverBobs thread. Basically the two weren’t put together since the expy uses a braking bias system.

Option sheets show that 2007 SSVs w/ 4x4 get LSDs standard and they (4x4 only SSV only) are the only ones...

For whatever reason, that feature isnt there anymore for 2009 from what I can tell. Not sure about 08.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Option sheets show that 2007 SSVs w/ 4x4 get LSDs standard and they (4x4 only SSV only) are the only ones...

For whatever reason, that feature isnt there anymore for 2009 from what I can tell. Not sure about 08.

Notice they subtracted AdvanceTrac though, then they can put the LSD. Here is a thread that explains the Expeditions 4WD system perfectly on FTE. Control Trac Coupled with our AdvanceTrac traction management when engaged in 4WD is basically like having front and rear LSD, it mimics it through the computer and becomes a 4WD assist system when you engage the 4WD. The Expedition gets a very good rap from this system because our trucks will go through what many of the competitions struggle with because of the 4WD system and the complex software involved.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/928481-controltrac-4-wheel-drive-and-how-it-works.html

FF6BDFF0-D507-4124-A5C7-422CE47235A8.png

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Independent automatic 4 wheel braking via "traction control" is hardly the same thing

Plus it'll just bog you down if it detects slippage.