Extended Warranty, Cam Phasers and Heater Hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrieva1

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I bought a used 2019 Expedition Max Platinum 1/1/24. I purchased an extended warranty from Concord Auto Protect. Well, in February the heater hose "Y" connector blew and I was able to fix that myself. Now the other "Y" connector is cracked, and the infamous cam phaser issue has appeared. Concord Auto Protect will not cover the phasers because a "bulletin" was issued regarding the phasers, before I even owned the vehicle. I cancelled that policy (BUYER BEWARE!) and now I'm stuck with a giant paper weight in my driveway.
My questions are:
1. What extended warranty company, if any, will cover this? I was quoted $5400 by the dealer, which isn't quite in the budget right now, but the loan payment doesn't stop for something I can't drive, and
2. Has anyone found a "Y" connector other than plastic to make the heater hose repair? I don't want to do this again in 4 years....
Any help would be appreciated!

Benztech

Reaction score
The hoses have been updated. The newer hoses shouldn't be a problem. As for warranty- you might have a hard time. A lot of them require inspection when not sold at the time of purchase, but if you can find one that would be the way to go. You can certainly get a warranty for less than $5400. I'd also get a quote from another shop on the phasers. $5400 seems high to me. I'm sure others will chime in.

platinumexpy

Reaction score
Man, I paid 3,500 for those cam phasers through the dealership and has all the heater core hose clamps replaced by a mechanic friend of mine to regular hoses and clamps, since the original one are trash. Just mske sure, if you ever get to change the cam phasers. That you get the latest version, since there seems to be like three different updates to them.

Reaction score
I bought the Ford ESP 'Base Care', 150K miles. it covers the CAM phasers. Also covered a failing AC system. It did not cover a failed windshield washer / pump or heater hoses.

A tip from my dealer: Call for Customer Care. Tell them your story and ask for 'assistance'. They did so with my heater hoses and washer / pump, drastically reducing the repair fees. In full disclosure, it may have helped that I'm a lifelong Ford owner, and they can see my history.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhmurphy1960