Fans are loud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I heard loud noise from truck after starting it. Yesterday heard it while driving……..was 95 degrees 1st time driving in town over 90 min….second day I started truck heard loud noise opened hood and fans are on loud….then they cut off. I drove it on 100 degree day didn’t over heat nor I heard it again….but those fans loud…theres 2…..I think when BOTH are on there loud. Do both go on all the time? Gonna check today…14. 5.4. 148000…electric fans…only 2nd summer owning this….been same dealer since previous owner bought brand new.im second owner. Still don’t know truck entirely….

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fans should be expected to be loud when they are on full. You can test this as noted in your humming thread. If you select Max A/C, select the highest fan speed and recirculate the fans should go to full speed.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When they are on full blast it sounds like a jet engine on my 2014. A 95 degree day would definitely cause that. Takes a lot of air moving over the condenser on that hot a day to keep the AC functioning.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I heard loud noise from truck after starting it. Yesterday heard it while driving……..was 95 degrees 1st time driving in town over 90 min….second day I started truck heard loud noise opened hood and fans are on loud….then they cut off. I drove it on 100 degree day didn’t over heat nor I heard it again….but those fans loud…theres 2…..I think when BOTH are on there loud. Do both go on all the time? Gonna check today…14. 5.4. 148000…electric fans…only 2nd summer owning this….been same dealer since previous owner bought brand new.im second owner. Still don’t know truck entirely….

I bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with the HD towing and cooling package.

When the ambient temperaure is in the low 90’s or higher (Fahrenheit) - the radiator cooling fans will shift to a higher speed. It sounds as though a Lear jet is taking off.

I have had people tell me there is something wrong with my vehicle while gassing it in the summer, with the engine running and the fans roaring.

There is no mention of the louder fan operation in the vehicle owner’s manual. Early on - my Ford dealer said the noise is normal when I questioned the noise in the summer.