Folding Cargo Liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the factory one and I do like it, it's nice to see how well it attaches and flexes with the seats going up and down, but I will say it's a pretty flimsy material. Had some issues with it not folding correctly, had to re-orient it and force it to fold a little but it does fit well. I wish it were a little heavier duty though.

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
Has anyone found anything that works with the cargo manager? Ive seen some of the quilted options here but im looking for something more like the WeatherTech or the Expedition labeled one everyone loves. I don't use the cargo manager every day but I don't want to have to reposition and re secure the velcro back every time I need to access it.

Whats everyones gripe(s) with the WeatherTech stuff? I just recently purchased the floor mats and don't seem to be having any issues with them. But I can see how the cargo mat situation can be different with the folding 3rd row.

Koz19MaxPlat

Reaction score
Has anyone found anything that works with the cargo manager? Ive seen some of the quilted options here but im looking for something more like the WeatherTech or the Expedition labeled one everyone loves. I don't use the cargo manager every day but I don't want to have to reposition and re secure the velcro back every time I need to access it.

Whats everyones gripe(s) with the WeatherTech stuff? I just recently purchased the floor mats and don't seem to be having any issues with them. But I can see how the cargo mat situation can be different with the folding 3rd row.
Issue with Weathertech = $$$$. Way overpriced and comparable to some other brands at a lower price point. I paid less for a genuine Ford product, while even though it doesn't go up the sides of the cargo area, it protects the rear seatbacks, which is something that Weathertech couldn't do, for more $$. If your concern is accessing the Cargo Manager (I just put stuff in there I will never need to access outside of an emergency) the Ford OEM Expedition mat attaches with velcro to the floor in the vehicle. It's just a matter of giving a good pull to separate the velcro, holding the mat with one hand and accessing the cargo manager with another.

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
Issue with Weathertech = $$$$. Way overpriced and comparable to some other brands at a lower price point. I paid less for a genuine Ford product, while even though it doesn't go up the sides of the cargo area, it protects the rear seatbacks, which is something that Weathertech couldn't do, for more $$. If your concern is accessing the Cargo Manager (I just put stuff in there I will never need to access outside of an emergency) the Ford OEM Expedition mat attaches with velcro to the floor in the vehicle. It's just a matter of giving a good pull to separate the velcro, holding the mat with one hand and accessing the cargo manager with another.

What I’m finding is that the weathertech is less expensive technically. It sells for $129 and the expedition branded one is $139. That being said you can find the expedition branded one for around the $110 mark, so there’s that. I guess it’s just a matter of deciding what’s more important, simple easy access to the cargo manager OR a mat that folds well with the third row.

I know someone in here said they attached their weathertech cargo mat with some Velcro, I wonder if velcroing it to the third row and the cargo floor will allow it to fold with the seats.

Koz19MaxPlat

Reaction score
What I’m finding is that the weathertech is less expensive technically. It sells for $129 and the expedition branded one is $139. That being said you can find the expedition branded one for around the $110 mark, so there’s that. I guess it’s just a matter of deciding what’s more important, simple easy access to the cargo manager OR a mat that folds well with the third row.

I know someone in here said they attached their weathertech cargo mat with some Velcro, I wonder if velcroing it to the third row and the cargo floor will allow it to fold with the seats.
I would have considered the weathertech if there was an option for the seat protector on the 3rd row back to swing down independent of the other seat. With weathertech, it's all or none, which doesn't work for me when we take roadtrips and always drop one of the 3rd row seats to stow our gear.

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
I would have considered the weathertech if there was an option for the seat protector on the 3rd row back to swing down independent of the other seat. With weathertech, it's all or none, which doesn't work for me when we take roadtrips and always drop one of the 3rd row seats to stow our gear.
See I didn’t think of folding only part of the third row down. I usually fold all of it or none of it. I’m sure I’ll figure something out. I’ve even considered the weathertech mat for behind the third row only and then getting a generic trim to fit situation for the back of the third row seats and just velcroing it.
I’ve seen the canvasback stuff and I like the way it allows for full use of everything including folding the seats and the cargo manager but ideally I’d like a rubber style mat.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried using the full Weathertech mat in the back of my Max. And leave it flopping over. It ended up being a huge Pain. So I bought the Weathertech that fits with the seats up. Then I would just change them out depending on my needs. But as life has it I would need the full mat when I didn’t have it. The Weathertechs are a lot more sturdy than the Ford mat. But it has held up pretty good. And the function is awesome. Both my Weathertech mats started to curl in the corners and would not stay in place. Drag something out of the back and the mat would come with it. The main advantage to the Weathertech’s for me are, more durable and the little border will hold fluid if you spill something. But convenience out weighs that for me. As far as the under floor storage. I only put emergency items in there. Tow strap, jumper box, blankets. Things that when I need them I won’t feel bad having to readjust the mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
I tried using the full Weathertech mat in the back of my Max. And leave it flopping over. It ended up being a huge Pain. So I bought the Weathertech that fits with the seats up. Then I would just change them out depending on my needs. But as life has it I would need the full mat when I didn’t have it. The Weathertechs are a lot more sturdy than the Ford mat. But it has held up pretty good. And the function is awesome. Both my Weathertech mats started to curl in the corners and would not stay in place. Drag something out of the back and the mat would come with it. The main advantage to the Weathertech’s for me are, more durable and the little border will hold fluid if you spill something. But convenience out weighs that for me. As far as the under floor storage. I only put emergency items in there. Tow strap, jumper box, blankets. Things that when I need them I won’t feel bad having to readjust the mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is probably what’s going to win out for me. I prefer the style of the weathertech but I’m not sure I want to deal with having two mats, storing the one I’m not using, needing the one I don’t have, etc vs having to readjust on the off chance I use the cargo manager.

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also had another mat to cover the entire cargo area (3rd row down). After dealing with folding over or pulling out the other one for awhile, I was immediately sold on buying this Ford factory one for everyday use! The convenience is well worth it. I still have the other one with higher sides and more coverage in case we need more coverage.

ESA 780

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. Going to order one for my Max to replace the Husky I started with. Anyone know if you can get protection like this for the second row so it’s protected when down?