forscan lite stop use of transmission adaptive warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crregan83

Reaction score
I have a 2019 expedition max. Typical tranny issue with hard shifting in 3-4 gears. I’ve done the reset with ForScanLite many times and it fixes the issue temporarily but eventually comes back. It seems to return much quicker now after a reset and clearing the tables. There’s an option to “Stop Use of Transmission Adaptive” but I’m worried about if that could impact the CPO warranty I have. Anyone have any insight or experience with this?

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2019 expedition max. Typical tranny issue with hard shifting in 3-4 gears. I’ve done the reset with ForScanLite many times and it fixes the issue temporarily but eventually comes back. It seems to return much quicker now after a reset and clearing the tables. There’s an option to “Stop Use of Transmission Adaptive” but I’m worried about if that could impact the CPO warranty I have. Anyone have any insight or experience with this?
Setting it that way should stop the adaptive learning process. But I'm not sure about your warranty being affected. I have a power train warranty, that has never been affected by any Forscan changes.

OP
OP
C

crregan83

Reaction score
So I decided to reset the table last night and “stopped” the learning completely in advance of my trip to the beach. ~3hours, 150miles and it drove like crap. Delayed shifting, big clunky down shifts on 4th gear. Delayed on the throttle too. I didn’t tell my wife but halfway through the trip she asked me if I did something to it. She could feel it as a passenger. I’m gonna turn it back on tonight. A little shutter here and there is much better. Just wanted to share my experience.

The was an option to “halt” versus “stop” not sure if they are different. May give that a try.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I decided to reset the table last night and “stopped” the learning completely in advance of my trip to the beach. ~3hours, 150miles and it drove like crap. Delayed shifting, big clunky down shifts on 4th gear. Delayed on the throttle too. I didn’t tell my wife but halfway through the trip she asked me if I did something to it. She could feel it as a passenger. I’m gonna turn it back on tonight. A little shutter here and there is much better. Just wanted to share my experience.

The was an option to “halt” versus “stop” not sure if they are different. May give that a try.
I expected it may react that way. I've reset all learning tables 2 times in the past year, but I never stop the learning process. The vehicle will shift perfectly for a while, then start to revert back to old habits, due to my driving style. Most is stop and go city and I tend to never be in a hurry. Sometimes, I'll nail it or go on the highway for an occasional road trip.