free trip to myrtle beach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elighthunter

Reaction score
I'm helping a lady move, this weekend, to myrtle beach (never heard of the place till now) anyone ever done any long 1200 mile trips with there baby's? its round trip around 2500 miles. towing a trailer half that.

thereason21

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went to Myrtle Beach (not in the expy) about 4 years ago, but i did drive the expy to daytona beach last year. No trailer but it was fully loaded with the vacation gear. Have fun towing a trailer thru the mountains. It really wont be that bad its gonna cost ya at the pump tho ...

OP
OP
E

elighthunter

Reaction score
lol not really worried about that the lady I'm moving is paying for gas there and back :) I get about 14.5 towing things but don't know throuw the mountains.s

blaineball

Reaction score
I am road-tripping this week also; Kansas City to Albany, NY - about 1300 one way. Just family vacation so no big load, but this will be our 1st long drive in our expy.
Gas will be murder, but didn't buy her for MPG!

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got back from a 2500 mile trip and the Expy ran great. Even pulled a 6000 lb trailer/boat home for half that.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by expy916
Sacramento, California to a town between Pachuca and Mexico City, leaving early satuday, third time in expo

LOL I have relatives at those two places. We've never really stopped at any towns in between.

Have a safe trip :)

expy916

Reaction score
Originally posted by ELVATO
LOL I have relatives at those two places. We've never really stopped at any towns in between.

Have a safe trip :)

And I have distant relatives from that general area that have relatives in Florida. Go figure.

Thanks, I have to go finish packing.

Last edited:

blaineball

Reaction score
Finished our roady... just over 3k total. Expy ran like a champ! Never really ran it to E to check gas mileage except for one stretch, went till the fuel light came on and was at 425, so I am figuring I got was getting 18-19 mpg. That was a stretch of I-90 between OH and PA, cruise on about 67.
On the way back I put some bags on the roof to better organize the rear cargo. I think that extra resistance killed a mile or two per gallon. I put them back in about 1/2 way. There is also a big difference between running 65-68 vs 70-73, more than I would have thought. Just under 2K rpm is def the sweet spot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13