Garage door opener not programming in my 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makenzie71

Reaction score
Held outside buttons for 20 seconds until everything cleared.

Press, held, released outside buttons per instructions

Pressed learn button on opener

Pressed and held desired programmed button

Nothing.

I've tried the thing where you're suppose to pair with an existing remote first (this is not described in my manual), also nothing.

Any tips would be appreicated.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expedition - which has a different opener brand than the 2011 model.

My only suggestions would be:

Does your garage door opener transmitter work well? Any chance there is a problem with the receiver on the garage door opener?

When you are trying to program the button in the vehicle, are you close enough to the garage and its opener?

When you cleared the buttons on the sun visor in the vehicle, did the lights blink or flash (indicating the system is getting power)?

Did you turn your vehicle ignition key to the on-positon before starting the learn process?

OP
OP
M

makenzie71

Reaction score
Does your garage door opener transmitter work well?

I honestly don't know...I bought it used, I'm only just now trying to sort out the opener.

Any chance there is a problem with the receiver on the garage door opener?

It works with all my other openers

When you are trying to program the button in the vehicle, are you close enough to the garage and its opener?

Right outside the door.

When you cleared the buttons on the sun visor in the vehicle, did the lights blink or flash (indicating the system is getting power)?

yep

Did you turn your vehicle ignition key to the on-positon before starting the learn process?

I have tried with it running, with the key on, and the key off...it did not seem to have an effect on how the program sequence.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it have this same HomeLink setup on the visor like my 2007? It took me several times to program it but it eventually took. Read the manual word for word lol.
74E2D481-03E6-4631-9BFA-15804D9FBB79.jpeg

OP
OP
M

makenzie71

Reaction score
No it's black and doesn't have the little "home" icon....just a black oval with three buttons and red LED's above them

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Held outside buttons for 20 seconds until everything cleared.

Press, held, released outside buttons per instructions

Pressed learn button on opener

Pressed and held desired programmed button

Nothing.

I've tried the thing where you're suppose to pair with an existing remote first (this is not described in my manual), also nothing.

Any tips would be appreicated.
Once you learn the home link to your garage opener you still have to learn the new remote to the garage opener itself.
Check for a learn button on the opener itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13