gas tank wont' fill up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my ride

Reaction score
Recently after have a purge cannister replaced, i can no longer get a full tank of gas. The dealer says the repair work is un related. Any ideas? all i can get in is about 19 or 20 gallons when empty.

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of my friends in high school had the same problem; she could only put in a few gallons at a time. She finally took it to a mechanic and come to find out someone had shoved a box of tampons in the gas tank. Kids can be pretty awful. Expensive fix, time consuming. Just a thought!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe floater is jack'd...or sensor making it appear that you have less than you actually do...or the needle is screw'd

catmandu

Reaction score
Maybe your credit limit on your card is too low?

(Just did a fill up with a 'low fuel' light. Bye, bye, Benjamin Franklin! Eff me!)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i did it with 41 miles left per message read out...$90.00...im about to be in the best shape EVER!!! trying to decide if im going to buy a pedal bike and pedal to/fro work...or just run....i have showers at my job in case anyone is wondering or thinking..lol