Gotts Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
i dont get what this is doing. can someone explain. also what do you use to do this?

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:Angry: Haha. I knew something wasn't right when I tried pushing that thing in for like 15 mins.

Thanks for correcting me guys.

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I made mine with 3 inch aluminum piping since it's a smaller outer diameter it fit perfectly.

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few thoughts on the 'gotts'.

80 grit sandpaper works best on shaping the oval (if you have a power sander). If you don't have a power sander, use a wood rasp to file down the edges of the tube and use a sharp chisel to plane it out...

And the most important thing may be this... I'm not sold on this mod working at all unless you can transfer the extra air allowed by a bigger opening, -- through the filter. Think of the filter as an electrical resistor. No matter how much current you supply on the upstream end, the resistor will only allow 'x' on the downstream end. The stock filter is in this case, the resistor.

It seems the K&N E-0945 is the one you want... Sure It costs 50 bucks but you never have to buy another one!... IMO, this trick / coupled with a high flow (permanent) air filter is a better setup than any aftermarket intake.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i used 3 in tripple wall sewer line or something it was actually really thin soft stuff with thin wall it slipped right in the hole and it made a nice bit of difference im very happy with it especially considering the cost lol it was awesome i was lookin at a CAI till i found this thread so thank you everyone

fraziarwp

Reaction score
I used a Medium/large tin can. Had peaches in it. So I got a little desert before starting the job. Used one of those can openers that cut on the side. The can fit in perfectly.

Then I got a K&N filter.

Had it in for a couple of months now. My mileage went up 3MPG on the open road.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
using a thin wall 3 inch exhaust tube works alot better then pvc. I tried using the pvc pipe but after 1 hour of sanding I lost patience with the plastic and just bought a exhaust pipe and stuffed that in the hole, it was alot easier to force the exhaust tube in place then it was with the pvc pipe and it required no filing or sanding lol

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
using a thin wall 3 inch exhaust tube works alot better then pvc. I tried using the pvc pipe but after 1 hour of sanding I lost patience with the plastic and just bought a exhaust pipe and stuffed that in the hole, it was alot easier to force the exhaust tube in place then it was with the pvc pipe and it required no filing or sanding lol

im going to go do that. since the 3" tubing is a thinner wall. i can go get a little section for like $5 at orielys. i should go do that tomorrow.