Hello from Ohio!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CVguy

Reaction score
Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster.
This is my 2011 Expedition EL Limited I bought back in April, been enjoying it ever since!
1000068768.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster.
This is my 2011 Expedition EL Limited I bought back in April, been enjoying it ever since!
View attachment 81977

Welcome.

There are a lot of knowledgable members on this forum - many are helpful.

I was born and raised in north west Hamilton County and lived there most of my life. Several years ago I moved to Butler County.

What part of Cincinnati?

Woodwolf

Reaction score
Sharp looking truck. Enjoy. Stay off the accelerator, the Ohio cops harass me every time I go down I-75

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sharp looking truck. Enjoy. Stay off the accelerator, the Ohio cops harass me every time I go down I-75

Do they harass you because you are driving legally, or for some other reason?

How do they know it’s you on I-75?

Woodwolf

Reaction score
Do they harass you because you are driving legally, or for some other reason?

How do they know it’s you on I-75?
Ever heard about tourist traps? The entire stretch down to Florida is saturated with hidden police cars stopping you for just about no reason, sometimes just because of your license plate. Happens several times to me over the last 30 years. With Canadian plates they start looking for dope. I got stopped for “ following to close” , “flickering tail light on trailer” ,”driving to close to centreline in fog”. It was really bad in the 80’s when I was living in Michigan and calling weekly on Ford in Lima.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ever heard about tourist traps? The entire stretch down to Florida is saturated with hidden police cars stopping you for just about no reason, sometimes just because of your license plate. Happens several times to me over the last 30 years. With Canadian plates they start looking for dope. I got stopped for “ following to close” , “flickering tail light on trailer” ,”driving to close to centreline in fog”. It was really bad in the 80’s when I was living in Michigan and calling weekly on Ford in Lima.

I used to visit Windsor Canada with friends often in the 1970’s. Once we drove to Toronto (via the Queen’s Highway?). Canada was a beautiful country. Toronto was too big with too much traffic for me! I have visited the Canada side of Niagara Falls also.

I never had a problem with law enforcement - but did get pulled aside once in the early 1970’s when returning to the USA from Windsor for a “full car search” by customs officers. I had nothing illegal or improper and they found nothing. Then, I had the feeling I was singled out because I was young and driving a hot car (1969 Camaro SS/RS Pace Car replica convertible).

Woodwolf

Reaction score
I used to visit Windsor Canada with friends often in the 1970’s. Once we drove to Toronto (via the Queen’s Highway?). Canada was a beautiful country. Toronto was too big with too much traffic for me! I have visited the Canada side of Niagara Falls also.

I never had a problem with law enforcement - but did get pulled aside once in the early 1970’s when returning to the USA from Windsor for a “full car search” by customs officers. I had nothing illegal or improper and they found nothing. Then, I had the feeling I was singled out because I was young and driving a hot car (1969 Camaro SS/RS Pace Car replica convertible).
Yeah, I never got a ticket except in Georgia going 18 over in a construction zone with nobody working, except the cruiser lurking behind a parked water truck. Canada is where I retired too at my northern cabin.