Help - what percentage ceramic tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aalbert

Reaction score
I am in the same boat, and wish to get my Silver 2021 Max tinted. I am currently looking at going with 3m Ceramic, but want to know some real world numbers of what folks have added to the factory privacy, but still remain legal and not complicate nighttime driving.

My goals for the rear are to improve privacy (I road trip with a lot of cased rifles and equipment), but not get too crazy with making it so I can't see out the rear / right side, along with UV/IR benefits for the FL/GA sun.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am in the same boat, and wish to get my Silver 2021 Max tinted. I am currently looking at going with 3m Ceramic, but want to know some real world numbers of what folks have added to the factory privacy, but still remain legal and not complicate nighttime driving.

My goals for the rear are to improve privacy (I road trip with a lot of cased rifles and equipment), but not get too crazy with making it so I can't see out the rear / right side, along with UV/IR benefits for the FL/GA sun.
I prefer Llumar over 3m. IMHO It's just better. I suggest go to your favorite car tinting business and ask them. You will get all our opinions that will be different. They will translate what you are looking for and provide you with the best suggestions, because they know what to put over factory to get the right darkness.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some states, Florida being one, you'll get a ticket to put any tint on the windshield. So darker than clear tint usually gets ticketed, resulting in having to remove the tint. This is why Air Blue 80 is so popular. It is not noticeable, and with laser cuts, you can't even see it. It gives all the benefits of the darker tint UV protection, without the noticeable tint.

... unless one lives in a jurisdiction with state safety inspections. Then the inspection station cuts out the sticker along with a chunk of tint and it looks like absolute s**t. :)

aalbert

Reaction score
OK so I punted and went with the Llumar IRX film, at 30% for everything except the windshield.

Just did it this morning, so I cannot report on night time performance, but daytime you can see fine, and in a full wipers rain storm on the way home I could see everybody.

In the back, you can still see contents, but not as easily, and when carrying cases, I usually cover them with towels to obscure what is underneath.

IMG_6262.JPGIMG_6264.JPGIMG_6265.JPGIMG_6266.JPG