HID Conversion Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
expeditionary and TA...theyre on from midnight till 4AM!!!

Grizzly2009

Reaction score
HID conversions for 3rd gen Expedition

Hello all! I am new to the forum and just got an '09 EB 4x4. This is my third Expy, I had a '98, and an '04. I just love the ride, and toughness. Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone out there has experience with the HID conversion kits? I looked up the one in the Retro-Solutions and the reviews are amazing. I am not really impressed with the OEM headlights and the HID kits are very tempting. Do they make that much of a difference? I would really like bright headlights. If anyone has any pictures of these things I would love to see some real world applications. I am interested in the 6000k, 55W kit.

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stop, just stop. Do not spend the extra money on 55watt. It is unnecessary and is dangerous, an a waste of money.

With 55 watt you are not gaining much extra light being put on the road, you are just blinding other drivers. They also run hotter meaning it has a better potential to melt your headlight lenses. 35 watt are more than adequate. I have used both, and sell both an take it from me the extra wattage isn't worth it.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on zombie's reply...especially when running OEMs...i have 35w in my OEMs and love them...my retro's are 55w...but i have projectors...light output is totally different when i had 35w in one when the ballast went out

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+2 for what Zombie said. I have 35w 6k hids and love them plenty of light.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Grizzly2009

Reaction score
Great information!

Thanks guys for the awesome information! I have never dealt with these things so it is nice to get some information from people that have experience with them. So ok, if I get the 35w kits, without projectors, I can just put them in where the OEM bulbs normally would correct? Does this give out substantial more lighting than the stock Halogens? I want to reach out down the road a bit and light up the signs a half mile away like my wife's SRX does. I have read multiple posts where people have bought the "angel eyes" and they are dimmer than their stock headlights. I definitely don't want to waste my money on something that is going suck worse than my OEM's.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have 8k 35w in stock 03 housing. on dark roads i put out enough light that i dont need high beams. check out ddmtuning.com to get some HID. you will enjoy HID.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+3 fro what zombie said, 6K hid lows and fogs in stock housing, plenty bright and almost never use brights, (except to warn for cops)

+2 for DDM tuning very inexpensive like $85 shipped for 2 sets