HID projector retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

houlster

Reaction score
Really good info Dan, thanks. I never use autolamp so I hadn't noticed the issue it causes with just cutting the wire, but glad I can make it function as intended. Thanks a ton again for digging into that

Thanks man, glad it's helpful.

--Dan

Texpedition45

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, so maybe I missed it or my reading comprehension sucks:

Was the purpose of disabling the flash when you lock the vehicle cosmetic, or does it affect the retrofits (to have the lights flash during the lock function )?

OP
OP
H

houlster

Reaction score
Was the purpose of disabling the flash when you lock the vehicle cosmetic, or does it affect the retrofits (to have the lights flash during the lock function )?

Depending who you talk to, HID need a warm-up & cool-down period. Flashing them repeatedly will shorten the life. Not sure if that's still the case or older gen issues.

OP
OP
H

houlster

Reaction score
Going down the road I mean :)

At some point I'll get some out on the road. Couple from the 'hood.

C-VrrIgDjBa4mWvEpwKUGsUzTZOATDGXMI6To1pt78EJ-CyXIfh729M4KEngQwJUb6bBQqAiRQ7xsfs=w1200

KaxfjJl5GcVQsy8eSqDJewiA9tYs_bIjR_BDqge2PeXX4eUtA4uSyEnTHtmmh0gnVMyloRp2dmcxJZs=w1200

AllJrMP-itzpHvTeFW28TUa0U8f2V83l91i-LR_vETVQIgMyWG4aHvreZyDcXaODYX9bOufXo-fSxcA=w1200

3z2XIbxMjbO46Ag1QWGG-lldUYBBtFkXWkRIczY7RbdPxxXOaFvDtoLY1Og_L2SqXsoa_BgjbsD3DLA=w1200

MISTERgadget

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't get enough of the high beams on those... love em. I'm going to take the FXRs out of my F-350 for a MD2S 4.0 build, really tempted to do a new retrofit for the Lightning with those projectors too. The High Beam is fantastic

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depending who you talk to, HID need a warm-up & cool-down period. Flashing them repeatedly will shorten the life. Not sure if that's still the case or older gen issues.

Although the people selling them will tell you otherwise, it's definitely still the case. They are, however, much more robust than they used to be. Based on what other owners are saying, repeatedly turning them on/off will shorten their lifespan to a couple years rather than several months (as was the case in the old days).