Hidden Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandbuster

Reaction score
Thought I had posted this yesterday but I must have vaporized it at some point. Anyway several months back I installed a winch up front that turned out good enough that I think it's worth posting - you can draw your own conclusions..:

ready to install winch.jpgre-align interecooler.jpgdrum release disengage.jpgWinch view.jpg

The winch "tray" is a universal product from Harbor Freight ($50) - very slight modification needed. I cut out the crossbar that helps hold the inter-cooler in place but retained the mounts for the rubber grommets which held the inter-cooler at it's new laid back angle. I didn't desire a big hole in my grill to access the spool clutch so I devised another method to engage-disengage the spool - that's 15" 3/8s extension connected to a slotted o2 sensor socket - it works... If you look closely you can see where I cut off the mounting bracket horizontal bar. I've made several trips to TN & back with no issues so I guess all is okay. Very few people I know have noticed the winch unless I point it out to them.. Note: my apologies in advance if this thread is duplicated somewhere else of the forum.

Attachments

• Retaining strap.jpg
    Retaining strap.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 3