horn and cruse dont work please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check for power on pin 7 of the speed control. It is located next to the master cylinder on the driver inner fender. It is hot in run.

The are additional tests that deal with the airbag sliding contacts and speed control switches in the steering column. I strongly suggest getting the Ford wiring manual for this since you will be close to the airbag. If you probe the wrong connector you chance setting it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v66Y-jtDaGw

If you wish to continue without a manual I'll tell you what I can. You should be able to get one off ebay cheap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the steering column the switches your talking about now if the clock spring is bad would the button lights on the cruse still light up i thought if it is bad it would shut the lights off too or are you talking about some different part i currently have the air bag disconnected on the wheel. ill check the pin a min and see if there is power at pin 7

OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is there a relay separate from the others in the truck for the cruise control that could be missing that i have overlooked

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't have a clue, that relay block isn't listed in the manual.

The only relay in the cruise circuit is the horn relay.

Did you jump the horn relay and the horns sound?

Does the Chilton manual show the wiring for the speed control?

With the connector to the speed control plugged in, ignition on, what it the voltage at pin 6 with the speed control on/off switch in the on then off positions? Switch is double throw.
Off should be 12v, on should be 0 and less than 12 when you push the horn button & on position.
Manual shows DG/OG wire color at pin 6 - please verify.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i didnt try to sound the horn by crossing it over but it does sound when i lock the doors with the key fob ill go check if there is power with the button pushed @pin6 also ill check the color of the wire too give me a min

OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it is dkg/or and there is no power to that one with the key on and when i push any bottons on off set still no voltage