How do I remove the tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol I can't believe I can't get my tires off the front end. I've got the lug nuts off on each side and the truck is jacked up.
What am I doing wrong?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are rusted in place, kick the living snot out of them at 3 - 6 - 9 oclock positions on the tire. Also it wouldn't hurt to have a floor jack under the crossmember - just in case.

Plati

Reaction score
I think one time I could'nt get the tires (wheels) off (rusted on tight). I put all the lug nuts back on but just slightly loose. Then drove it a few feet in the driveway and hit the brakes to jar it loose. Not advised but I was stuck. Now I add a little never seize on an older wheel to avoid that. It was a rustbucket Olds Omega with steel rims

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol I can't believe I can't get my tires off the front end. I've got the lug nuts off on each side and the truck is jacked up.
What am I doing wrong?

Wheels, you mean?

Aluminium fused to corroded steel hubs.

Whack that shit with a heavy rubber mallet

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I'm guessing you're trying to remove the wheels too!

A few years ago I was having the tires rotated at a non-Ford shop and they couldn't get the wheels off either even after removing all five lug nuts from each wheel. Three or four guys were kicking my truck's wheels when I suggested they remove the 6th lug nut... (And these guys want to boost the minimum wage to $15...)

You problem may be as simple. :)

-- Chuck

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Hit them with you're purse.... ;)

Typically a couple hard kicks with do the trick but if not do what Mrsticker mentioned. Only back the nuts off till they aren't making contact so you don't damage the studs or anything else.

Plati

Reaction score
I think you could also squirt some penetrating oil at the hub/rim interface and wait overnight.