How do I remove the tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're trying to remove the wheels too!

A few years ago I was having the tires rotated at a non-Ford shop and they couldn't get the wheels off either even after removing all five lug nuts from each wheel. Three or four guys were kicking my truck's wheels when I suggested they remove the 6th lug nut... (And these guys want to boost the minimum wage to $15...)

You problem may be as simple. :)

-- Chuck
Had a similar issue during VA state safety inspection. They came and got me from the waiting room, explained that my lug nuts were frozen and they couldn't get them off, and had busted two sockets on an impact wrench in the process. I was intrigued. So I asked if I could take a look; I picked up the impact wrench, held the socket in loosely in one hand and hit the trigger with the other.

You know what happened.

Yep, they were tightening my lug nuts, not removing them. So I zipped one of the nuts off to prove they were idiots, put it back on, then told them to get my truck off the lift and I left, with no further comment.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like they used to say about working on old Harleys, 2 tools that you need are a hammer, and a bigger hammer!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had a similar issue during VA state safety inspection. They came and got me from the waiting room, explained that my lug nuts were frozen and they couldn't get them off, and had busted two sockets on an impact wrench in the process. I was intrigued. So I asked if I could take a look; I picked up the impact wrench, held the socket in loosely in one hand and hit the trigger with the other.

You know what happened.

Yep, they were tightening my lug nuts, not removing them. So I zipped one of the nuts off to prove they were idiots, put it back on, then told them to get my truck off the lift and I left, with no further comment.

WHY are these screwballs taking your wheels off on a state inspection????

I thought Virginia was a fairly reasonable, sensible state??????? Or this the DC burbs area??

Btw....how the F did they bust an impact socket on a lugnut, much less without killing the lugnnuts???? Were they using silver non-impact socets, or black painted faux-impact sockets????

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I cleaned my wheels mounting surface, with a wire wheel. I also used anti seize on back on them. Always leave a couple of lug nuts on loose, when kicking rim.