How do you know a canister good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billme

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m replacing solenoid valves and hoses on the evap system .
I have looked on YouTube but the only thing that says it’s bad if you still smell gas..
Since it’s Just carbon, can you regenerate them with an acid wash, and neutralizer?
Do you check for leaks? I don’t have a smoke machine, but I can pull a vacuum since I have it off..
Thanks

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cleared the code on the canister solenoid, but now during warm up, everything is normal until rpm’s get under a 1000, it starts pulsing between 700 to a 1000, in very timed intervals.., It stops after the engine starts showing temp coming up..

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I unplug the DP sensor, it stops, but if I leave it unplugged and restart, it does it …The only thing I haven’t changed to new parts, is the fuel tank PS… Would that cause this?
I might have a new part that’s not working properly..
For a old man, Im slowly stumbling my way through this, hehe

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I see I’m going to need a smoke machine to move forward on this learning process..
I At least got my center caps on.. I got the cheap ones.. You have to adjust the prongs a little to make the fit easier..

Attachments

• IMG_6815.jpeg
    IMG_6815.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 2