How do your EL's ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed during the drive home that my EL has a very slight pogo-ing feel to it.
You can't see it through the steering wheel or even through a bottle of soda in the console.
But my wife also noticed it when she first rode in it too.

Is this normal or should I have the wheels checked for balance? The alignment rides nice and straight with no wobble in the wheel.

OP
OP
EricH

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes. Just a slight bounce back and forward, not side to side.
I just wanted to know if that slight bounciness is normal before blowing $ to determine it isn't the wheel balancing.

I am comparing this to my wife's Enclave which feels like riding on a cloud.

BlimpinDave

Reaction score
I have an 08 XLT EL. Previously I had a 07 Tahoe. With the much longer wheel base it seems to pogo quite a bit less. Also it does ride a lot heavier, like it is carrying around several hundred more pounds but to me it makes it feel much safer and planted to the ground.

Hope it helps.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
might be due to the extra 13 inches or so in the rear...not sure is the wheel base is extended though

ExpyBillD

Reaction score
I've had no issues with the ride on my 2007 EL, now at almost 120K miles. Rides smooth as glass.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear in my EL is really soft when unloaded. The shop told me I needed new struts (one was leaking) and its been horrible since. I wish I kept the worn out ones!

Other than that, its been really smooth. I would drive the road in your Expy and then check it in another vehicle to see if its the surface or your Mega-Bus.