How much a/c refridgerant should be in a 2010 EL Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VA epxy

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much refridgerant should be in the a/c system on a 2010 EL limited? Say 95 degree day?

I have a 2000 trans am. The ac wasnt working. Turns out the refridgerant was low. Charged it up to 55 psi (high end of the green zone) on a 95 degree day. Worked great pretty cold for being r134.
this made me think the expy a/c was not getting as cold. I hooked up the pressure tester, and it read 65 psi.(low end of the red zone) is there too much refrigerant in this system?
I am wondering if the 2010 ("newer" than my 2000 TA) uses a higher pressure of refridgerant, or if its overfilled?
I am the second owner. I have had the vehicle for about 14yrs now, but dont remember the a/c ever being as cold as my TA is.

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much refridgerant should be in the a/c system on a 2010 EL limited? Say 95 degree day?

I have a 2000 trans am. The ac wasnt working. Turns out the refridgerant was low. Charged it up to 55 psi (high end of the green zone) on a 95 degree day. Worked great pretty cold for being r134.
this made me think the expy a/c was not getting as cold. I hooked up the pressure tester, and it read 65 psi.(low end of the red zone) is there too much refrigerant in this system?
I am wondering if the 2010 ("newer" than my 2000 TA) uses a higher pressure of refridgerant, or if its overfilled?
I am the second owner. I have had the vehicle for about 14yrs now, but dont remember the a/c ever being as cold as my TA is.
The 07-14 Expedition EL's w/ Auxiliary A/C take 33 oz. of refrigerant (r134a)

65PSI is too high for an A/C System. If you suspect too much refrigerant, the best way to correct it would be to evacuate the system and have it recharged.
Or, you could recover the refrigerant and measure how much came out, then take the correct amount of refrigerant from the recovered refrigerant.