I'm about to do something stupid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The latest software makes much better use of the knob that is built into the 15.6 inch screen. A quick touch can bump the settings up and down, it also now puts the knob in control of the temperature or fan or seat a/c etc to easily dial it in to the exact setting you want. This was a huge improvement that loaded a couple of months ago... I liked having the knob for volume control despite having volume as one of the MANY control buttons on the steering wheel, and now being able to use that knob for much more is way better.
It’s better, but I take issue with how much better. There are still too many things that are a pain in the butt to use while driving down the road.

There is a lot to like about the Expedition overall, but the touchscreen is bad enough that i will not just automatically buy one again. And I get that many people are okay with it. Ours is my wife's daily driver and she does not complain about it. She just does not use all the features I want to use.

Lumberjack

Reaction score
Please know
while all that may be true, you just described why this impacts folks differently. you have 15 vehicles, I don't even have 15 hot wheels cars. so when mine is tied up like this, I can't get the kids to soccer games/tourney's, I can't go to home depot to get materials for my home, or groceries, etc. there are different situations for different folks. So poor reliability (at least my experience) and poor service is what's pushed my away for the foreseeable future.

now having said that, yesterday there was a decent touch. after having to return mine to the dealer yesterday after their tech replaced the wrong front half shaft last week (after having it for 5.5 weeks), they delivered it to me when it was done. definitely helped keep me from having to take my wife from work or order an uber
I think there is some misunderstanding here. It takes all of my vehicles and machines to operate my business daily. If just one truck goes down I have 2-4 employees without a way to get to job sites or transport materials to those site. I used the number to say we have all different brands and that all brands suck. The most important thing you can do when reliability is top concern is to have a local dealership that will bend over backward for your business. I prefer fords over the rest because Two Rivers Ford in Nashville has given me the best service and actively seeks my business. If I lived closer to the Atlanta area I would choose GM as Southtowne Chevy in Newnan GA has given me the best service I’ve ever seen. There service manager is by far the most customer focused I’ve encountered in the car business. If you find a dealer that wants your business like these two,buy from them. I don’t care what brand it is.