I'm having A/C problems with my '08 EB...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Hello. New member here and I recently purchased an '08 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the automatic climate control. Tonight I noticed a problem with the A/C that wasn't there this morning. Maybe you guys can help me figure this out. I'd like to avoid a trip to the dealer since the truck is out of the warranty period.

Anyway, all the controls seem to work fine but no matter what I do hardly any air will come out of the front vents. I can hear the fan in the dash get louder as I turn up the speed but it makes no difference in the amount of air coming out of the vents. It will get colder and hotter no problem. It almost seems as if there is an obstruction of some sort.

Appreciate any insight.....

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello. New member here and I recently purchased an '08 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the automatic climate control. Tonight I noticed a problem with the A/C that wasn't there this morning. Maybe you guys can help me figure this out. I'd like to avoid a trip to the dealer since the truck is out of the warranty period.

Anyway, all the controls seem to work fine but no matter what I do hardly any air will come out of the front vents. I can hear the fan in the dash get louder as I turn up the speed but it makes no difference in the amount of air coming out of the vents. It will get colder and hotter no problem. It almost seems as if there is an obstruction of some sort.

Appreciate any insight.....

I'm a noob here and I'm going to ask you something which I'm 99% sure you've already checked...I know this sounds dumb, but you're sure the vents are OPEN all the way right???

OP
OP
R

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Yes the vents are open. The strange thing is, I went out and started the truck this morning and it works normally. It's one of those intermittent EATC gremlins I've been reading about I suppose. Hopefully it won't happen again because I'm not sure how to fix it.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be an obstruction, or possibly a one of the flaps/doors isn't opening all the way. Is it the same deal for all positions (panel, floor, defrost, etc)?

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
1 set to max ac high fan, look under the passenger side dash listen for the air
look for a plastc bag at the air intake
2The evap case has a drain if this is plugged the water that is traped in side can freeze
Both will cause low air flow

OP
OP
R

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Could be an obstruction, or possibly a one of the flaps/doors isn't opening all the way. Is it the same deal for all positions (panel, floor, defrost, etc)?

Yes it is the same deal for all positions. I can tell it does indeed switch positions, but the airflow is very restricted in all positions. I stated in my previous post that it was working normally. Well, after messing with it I was able to make it do it again. I turned off the max A/C setting and it seemed to block the flow again, turned it back on and nothing. No matter what I did it wouldn't blow air again.

Feeling pretty frustrated I turned the truck off and went back in the house. About an hour later I came back out and its working normally again. :shrug:

1 set to max ac high fan, look under the passenger side dash listen for the air
look for a plastc bag at the air intake
2The evap case has a drain if this is plugged the water that is traped in side can freeze
Both will cause low air flow

First suggestion seems viable, I will check it out. Second suggestion, I don't think that's it. It initially did this after being parked outside in 90* heat for 8 hours.