Is this an aftermarket remote start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clattin

Reaction score
I just picked up an 07 Expedition EL LTD and it came with a remote start. The key fob has "Code Alarm" on it....I assume this is an aftermarket add-on? The factory remote start would just have "Ford" on the key fob, right?

Thanks!
Chris

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More than likely. Post a pic of it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I believe it's after market... I could be wrong though because I don't know much about the 2007 exactly. I have been told that the Expeditions don't come with that.

OP
OP
C

clattin

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the key fob....reason I'm asking, one of the key fobs has all the writing worn off and I want/need to get a replacement. Are they expensive or hard to program?

Thanks!
Chris

2012-05-03_15-06-29_355.jpg

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's factory. I had the same remote with my ranger that had factory remote start. It looks like it has an aftermarket cover though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Johnny Law

Reaction score
I suspect it is cheaper than replacing my 2011 Key Fob. I missplaced my 2nd key and remote start FOB probably within a month of purchasing my Expy. Since 2 keys are required to program the new key, I have to have a dealer program my second key. So that means, $105 for the key, $100 to program and $23 for the Remote start FOB which the factory remote start (which really isn't factory) uses a second FOB now.

Ouch!

Hopefully learned my lesson. I have put it off thinking I will find my second key but it has now been 10 months. I might just have to bite the bullet.

Long story to tell you whatever you pay it is probably cheap compared to what I have to go through.

Johnny

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on what ^^ said...just have a different cover

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if a locksmith supplied the key and did the programming and cutting if the bill exceeds $125.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe Code Alarm is the OEM supplier of the factory FORD remote start.

Matt