It can be done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sandbuster

Reaction score
That is correct but I did not use OEM bolts as they would be too short to go through winch plate, spacer and J bolts. So I used (4) 5" 1/2" grade 8 bolts and that seems to be pretty solid. If you do this you'll have other questions - I'll help you along as needed. What year is your Expedition?

OP
OP
S

sandbuster

Reaction score
Pulling back intercooler.jpgdrum release disengage.jpgintercooler cover re-installed.jpg

The first picture shows a ratchet strap used to bring the inter-cooler back towards the radiator. Note the cut-off crossbar in the second picture used (on both sides) to retain the inter-cooler at it's new angle. Also note that I modified the clutch handle as I did not want to cut out a window in the grill to engage/disengage the winch clutch - this took a little engineering to come up with this mod BUT it works. That's about a 20" 3/8th extension bar that is secured midway by a chain link. So it is necessary to pop the hood when you need to lock in or free up the winch spool which is no real hassle.

IMG_9565.jpg

Attachments

• Crossbar removed.jpg
    Crossbar removed.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 3