JEGS Performance - the absolute worst!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tri650

Reaction score
I had a recent incredibly poor experience with JEGS Performance. I ordered a set of front and rear KYB strut plus spring set about 6 weeks ago. Without any notification I got the front pair, but no rear. I had to do my own digging to find out (in very small print) that the rear were on back order. No indication of when they would be available. No offer to cancel my order since they could not fulfill it completely. Absolutely no communication.

I called their customer service number thinking I would try and find out when they would expect the rear. I found someone who had them so I could just cancel that order and buy from another supplier if it was delayed. I called their customer service line 3 times - all with long wait times. I finally stuck it out for 2 hours and 55 minutes - I was determined to get through. As soon as I was connected the person said they could not hear me and promptly disconnected me - after waiting on the phone for 2 hours and 55 minutes!!!!!

They offer no other way to communicate except through an email to sales. I sent them a note saying I wanted to cancel the order and let them know they sucked. No response. No communication. I ordered the rear from another vendor as I could not wait any longer for the JEGS Performance idiots to fulfill my order.

Surprise, surprise. I get an email from JEGS that my order has been shipped. I absolutely lost my shit. I tired calling the customer service line again and I was number 94 in the queue. When I waited almost 3 hours I was number 84 in the queue. No way today. I'll try early in the morning.

I can obviously return the item but that means I will need to pay shipping back to them. I guess I will plan on spending 3 hours on the phone so I can explain to them that they are idiots and I want them to pay full shipping back to them.

Stay away from these clowns.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a recent incredibly poor experience with JEGS Performance. I ordered a set of front and rear KYB strut plus spring set about 6 weeks ago. Without any notification I got the front pair, but no rear. I had to do my own digging to find out (in very small print) that the rear were on back order. No indication of when they would be available. No offer to cancel my order since they could not fulfill it completely. Absolutely no communication.

I called their customer service number thinking I would try and find out when they would expect the rear. I found someone who had them so I could just cancel that order and buy from another supplier if it was delayed. I called their customer service line 3 times - all with long wait times. I finally stuck it out for 2 hours and 55 minutes - I was determined to get through. As soon as I was connected the person said they could not hear me and promptly disconnected me - after waiting on the phone for 2 hours and 55 minutes!!!!!

They offer no other way to communicate except through an email to sales. I sent them a note saying I wanted to cancel the order and let them know they sucked. No response. No communication. I ordered the rear from another vendor as I could not wait any longer for the JEGS Performance idiots to fulfill my order.

Surprise, surprise. I get an email from JEGS that my order has been shipped. I absolutely lost my shit. I tired calling the customer service line again and I was number 94 in the queue. When I waited almost 3 hours I was number 84 in the queue. No way today. I'll try early in the morning.

I can obviously return the item but that means I will need to pay shipping back to them. I guess I will plan on spending 3 hours on the phone so I can explain to them that they are idiots and I want them to pay full shipping back to them.

Stay away from these clowns.

Toss the ball back to their court.

Dispute the credit card charge for the rear set that you cancelled via email, as they charged you and sent the items after your cancellation.

OP
OP
T

tri650

Reaction score
It was a debit card and I plan on talking with my credit union tomorrow. I looked up what they would charge for shipping and it was $25 - a discounted rate. I really want them to be out of my life. I sent yet another email to customer service and still no response. It's funny, but they claim "best customer service, guaranteed!". Hilarious

OP
OP
T

tri650

Reaction score
This just got better. Somehow they shipped each strut separately back to themselves. I got a notice from FedEx that the package (1 strut) was delivered Tuesday back to JEGS. I go a notice today that the other package also was shipped back to JEGS. You can't make this shit up. I was fully charged over a week ago. No struts. No response. I guess I get on the phone for 3 hours on monday to try and figure out what the hell these clowns have done.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This just got better. Somehow they shipped each strut separately back to themselves. I got a notice from FedEx that the package (1 strut) was delivered Tuesday back to JEGS. I go a notice today that the other package also was shipped back to JEGS. You can't make this shit up. I was fully charged over a week ago. No struts. No response. I guess I get on the phone for 3 hours on monday to try and figure out what the hell these clowns have done.

You may also want to file an online complaint with the Better Business Burea?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get emails from these guys all the time, but have never actually ordered. I never will now. Hope you get it all sorted out.

p.s. Always use a credit card for all purchases.

Michael Shepherd

Reaction score
I suggest you simply ignore the vendor and go to the credit union and dispute/block/charge back the entire transaction. I bet you will then get a whole lot more love from the seller.